Does whiteface typically have good skiing over the Christmas break

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Does whiteface typically have good skiing over the Christmas break

Face4Me
Glad you had a good time in spite of the less than wonderful conditions.

It's amazing what a positive attitude can do.

I just spent the past three days skiing in Utah. There was very limited terrain, and no real advanced stuff ... What little they had open was groomed packed powder, and there was a lot of thin cover (my skis weren't too happy about that), nonetheless, we made the best of it and I had a great time. No point being miserable about things you can't control!
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
Haven't paid much attention to this thread recently. My comments about the "metro Skiers" were not meant to offend anyone just an observation. I too lived in the NY metro area for a few years and the level of tension created by that environment tends to follow people. The tension level is high when the person is in the early part of vacation but tends to wear off after a few days. I spent 3 days at WF over the holiday week and didn't have any problems with anyone even though it was quite crowded at times, everyone just seemed to be happy to have some decent terrain to ski on. Tried not to crack up in the Gondi on a ride up with a guy and his wife from NJ. He was looking at the picture of the Coyote in the Gondi and telling his wife how the local hunters have to hurry up after they shoot a deer and get to it before the coyotes carry it off because there were so many of them in the woods. I politely explained to him that it wasn't quite so bad.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
endoftheline wrote
 Tried not to crack up in the Gondi on a ride up with a guy and his wife from NJ. He was looking at the picture of the Coyote in the Gondi and telling his wife how the local hunters have to hurry up after they shoot a deer and get to it before the coyotes carry it off because there were so many of them in the woods. I politely explained to him that it wasn't quite so bad.
That's funny stuff right there