Re: Dog Stoke

MC2 5678F589
New puppy for us:

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

campgottagopee
Very cool!!! Cute looking pup. What's his/her name?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Timber.

We don't know what kind of dog he is. We think he's a Terrier mix, but it also looks like there might be some Husky or cattle dog or?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Nice, I like the name.

I'm certainly not a dog breed expert as I've only had labs, one husky, and a shepherd. His face certainly looks Terrier to me but the body and tail certainly have husky markings. Keep us updated on his progress. I love pups!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Anyone else have pup fancies himself as a billy goat?

This was homework time last night...but Griffin will sit on top of just about anything!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Crosby was getting down and totally enjoying himself during "Bombogenesis" today. As did I!

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by jjp24
jjp24 wrote

My favorite hiking partner Tigger.
That looks like a big hike for a little dog!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
Saw this dog in PC...not mine, but quite the pooch! He looked like he wanted to eat me for breakfast. Truck required for this guy.

"Feets fail me not"
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I had to put my dog Porter down today

We found out he had cancer a couple months ago and managed his pain until it was time.  He was a great dog for the Daks.  He got in the truck today and was like hey roll down the window so i can smell the forest and river one last time.  I think he knew.  I had to pull over by the river and take a selfie out the window to capture how happy he looked as I was crying.

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Shit man, sorry to hear it.  I can’t even imagine the devastation when our Griffin goes the way of all pets...it’ll be like losing a child.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Z very sorry to hear it too
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1
Very very sorry Z.
Dogs have a special place here with us love
He definitely be in the rainbow Bridge in pet heaven
So so sorry
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
In reply to this post by JasonWx
My condolences, Z.

My dog was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. We had to amputate one of her legs because it was going to fracture soon if we didn't. Every day we have with her at this point is a bonus. She's had excellent care and is doing well but with this type of thing, you just don't know how much more time you have.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
riverc0il wrote
My condolences, Z.

My dog was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. We had to amputate one of her legs because it was going to fracture soon if we didn't. Every day we have with her at this point is a bonus. She's had excellent care and is doing well but with this type of thing, you just don't know how much more time you have.
It’s long story but Porter was misdiagnosed as having a torn ACL when it was actual bone cancer in his femur
While waiting to have his surgery to fix the acl during the holidays he got an infection due to the weakened immune system from the cancer and almost died.  That damaged his kidneys so going amputation and chemotherapy Route was no longer feasible
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by riverc0il
Damn, that sucks, too.  Amazing the lengths we go to for our fur babies.  I often wonder what my limit will be.  Our dog has been through three $1,000+/- surgeries for removal of mast cell tumors.  Not cancerous, but not good and they can lead to other problems.  Of course he began having those problems shortly after I passed on a pet insurance policy.  I’ll never again get a pet and not get pet insurance.  I fear cancer because I don’t know how far I’d be compelled to go with treatment, or how I’d cope with the decision to forego it....
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Money was for me not the issue
We had already spent about $7k trying to save him thru the infection.  Doggie ICU is 800 bucks per 12 hours over in Burlington
The surgery and chemotherapy was another $8k but only was going to extend his life 5 to 12 months we were told and we decided to not put him thru that.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Sorry to hear that, Z. It really sucks that dog and human lifespans are so different.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Sorry Z.

Our older guy, Sancho, born in Fort Edward, NY, died peacefully on the living room rug last weekend. He had been going down hill for a year and I was surprised he made it most of the way through the winter. He wasn’t eating much and his back legs weren’t reliable, he had a belly with several tumors. But he never lost the smile.

You can tell who will miss him the most.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Condolences to you too Witch.  My favorite pet ending to date was the psycho cat we had years ago.  Her time came and she went into the garage one night and just expired.  Age, I guess.  No illness, no struggle, no having to put her down.