Dog Stoke

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
83 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dog Stoke

D.B. Cooper
I feel badly for both of you.  Z, your dog doesn't look that old.  I cried like a baby when I had to put my chocolate lab down.

I  will say this, there was some relief afterward as I didn't have to worry about things like "when is the right time" or coming home from work to find she died alone.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
I feel so badly for both of you.  I am going to be a sobbing mess when that awful day comes for Crosby.  

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Crap

I wish I didn't make the click

I'm sorry you two guys, truly.

I have a 14 year old chocolate lab and a 13 year old yellow lab, soon it will be my turn. I know for a fact when one goes the other won't be far behind. They've never been apart aside from the year I had the chocolate by himself.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
We have our first dog ever.  Such a positive force in our lives, going to be so hard to let go.  Hopefully she has a long run.

Our 80 year old neighbor lady said after a lifetime of dogs she couldn't get another dog, just couldn't bear it.

Best wishes to Z and Witchy.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Thanks guys. The sitting shiva period is over for us. We had 12.5 really good years with him. Tons of adventures and growing up alongside my kids. The last year was tough, particularly since Thanksgiving or so when he decided he wasn’t gonna come upstairs to his bed anymore.  And since about mid January I had to carry him back up the steps from the patio to the porch so he could come inside when he went out to do his business, then he would just camp out by the woodstove.

But luckily he passed on a lot of great qualities to his brother from another mother who is only 5.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
witch hobble wrote
But luckily he passed on a lot of great qualities to his brother from another mother who is only 5.
This is very cool.

One of my buddies lost Boo and two days later people who had taken one of Boo's pups came on hard times and asked if he would take the young pup. Maxine looked so exactly like Boo, it kind of saved my buddy.
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
In reply to this post by Z
Sorry to hear about this. I hope memories of the good times together shine through.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
This is a tough thread to read right now. Sorry for your loss Z. Our little Utah is 16 1/2 and during a bad spell in the late fall, I didn't think he would make it till Christmas. Now, with a change in diet and medication, he is much improved and still ticking along. We have to deal with frequent poop accidents in the house but other than that, he is pretty low maintenance, responsive, affectionate and a joy to have around. But, you always know the day is coming, and having been through several other dog departures, I know it is not easy.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
D.B. Cooper wrote
I feel badly for both of you.  Z, your dog doesn't look that old.  I cried like a baby when I had to put my chocolate lab down.
He was going to be 8 in March.  Much too young to die but he had cancer in his bones and his hind leg was dying.  I am devastated.  That dog sat with me in office everyday while I worked.  He was a very good dog.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
I'm there with you SBR. Like Whitchy I'm at the point now with my Bode that I've had to install a ramp so he can get back up on the deck to come inside. The colder it is the worse he is. When it was below zero he went right down to the ground like he'd been shot. The cold just took ahold of his arthritis and it consumed him. Had to carry him inside which was a real fuckin chore. #1 he's 101lbs and #2 he was hurting so he was really pissed of to be touched, to say it was a challenge would be underestimated.

So now he's deaf as a stump and really slowing down. When I would get home he would be at the front door, with my boot at his feet, and barking. Now, he's not barking because my boot is in his mouth and doesn't even make it into the kitchen.....lol

He's still my boy tho
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
One of my buddies lost Boo and two days later people who had taken one of Boo's pups came on hard times and asked if he would take the young pup. Maxine looked so exactly like Boo, it kind of saved my buddy.
An example of a door closing but a window opening.  Sounds like it sort of worked out for both.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
You probably have to know the Gloria Gaynor song "I Will Survive" to think this is funny. I know the song, and it really made me laugh:

Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
yesterday's walk with riley

Reply | Threaded
|

scrundy

Our latest mutt
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Great looking pups.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
My new pup Kenja

My lab Porter died from bone cancer right before this Covid shit blew up.  Normally I would have waited longer but I figure I’ll never be home more than I am this yr.

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967

Dogs are the best!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589