4 months work for $40,000 in Utah

http://howdoyoumountain.com/the-ultimate-mountain-gig
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dream job

Harvey
Administrator
This job has mattchuck's name all over it!

Cool concept, even if some of the tactics to push it out have been a little heavy handed.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

70s Gore Kid
Harv:
The job is yours for the taking, if you just submit 3 years of  HR as your entry! Who could ski blog any better?

Too bad you don't want to move out West...maybe Mike Pratt could come up with a similar contest.
Syracuse, NY
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
70s Gore Kid wrote
Harv:

The job is yours for the taking, if you just submit 3 years of  HR as your entry! Who could ski blog any better?

Too bad you don't want to move out West...maybe Mike Pratt could come up with a similar contest.
Kid ... it's about the video chops ... I ain't got em. They want a two minute video to enter, and some of em look pretty slick.  

Matt is all over the video ... and the stated purpose of his blog is to realize his dream of moving out west!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Already on it:

http://skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com/2010/09/life.html

Just need to get off my ass and start working on my video.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Sorry, Matt, but my vote goes for this guy.

He's a guy over on TGR who I'm pretty sure got paralyzed skiing.

The picture above was from his TR to India

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
fujative wrote
That is one hell of a TR. Unbelievable photography.

I've never spent much time at TGR. I've always heard that if you had a bunch of time to fish through the testosterone, anger and potty mouth, there was some great stuff over there. QED.

Kind of cool to see that the maggots do have respect for something truly inspirational.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by tBatt
Sitski was paralyzed as a result of a climbing injury. His motto: Die Living.

Can't argue with that. Sorry Matt, I'm with Fugative, go Sitski!
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Nevermind.  I was looking at some of the other entries.  Former US ski team members, Graphic Design Experts, Industry Professionals.  I tried putting something together today, but it was coming out so stupid and cheesy, it's never going to see the light of day.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Hey Matt, I haven't met you but I get the sense from your blog and your posts here (except the last one) that you are a very determined kind of guy. Don't give up on the Canyons thing! Win or lose, it would be a great exercise for you and I think you are just the kind of person they are looking for: bright, articulate, good skier, in the demographic they are trying to attract to the resort, etc., etc.. Former US ski team members, bah, they probably can't get a sentence out straight. Graphic designers, yeah, but can they ski? Industry professionals: mouse-pushing sales people - who needs them! As for Sitski, he has a compelling story but he is probably a little too "out there" for the squeeky-clean Canyons folks. Not that you have to be squeeky-clean too but I think you could fly low under that radar.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Hey Matt, I haven't met you but I get the sense from your blog and your posts here (except the last one) that you are a very determined kind of guy. Don't give up on the Canyons thing! Win or not, it would be a great exercise for you and I think you are just the kind of person they are looking for: bright, articulate, a blogger, good skier, in the demographic they are trying to attract to the resort, etc., etc.. Former US ski team members, bah, they probably can't get a sentence out straight. Graphic designers, yeah, but can they ski? Industry professionals: mouse-pushing sales people - who needs them! As for Sitski, he has a compelling story but he is probably a little too "out there" for the squeeky-clean Canyons folks. Not that you have to be squeeky-clean too but I think you could fly low under that radar.

Maybe you just need a Wintervention!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
While I don't see myself as a Canyons guy, I definitely checked PDQs original link out.  Actually I'm pretty sure they did the same kind of thing last year. The level of competition and video quality were very high. Think about it - Canyons really wants marketing.  That's what they are paying for.  

IMO, blogging is something else all together.

By my definition Matt is a true blogger. Someone who observers the world, and then digs deep to come up with personal insight that translates to a larger audience.  I thought Grinding was excellent.