Epic Pass

36 messages Options
skunkape skunkape
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Epic Pass

http://www.snow.com/epic-pass/Passes/epic-pass.aspx

$49 down $809 All in. I wonder why they haven't scooped up a mountain in VT yet? Noone up there is willing to make a deal with the devil I guess.

Thinking of ditching the catskills and going big next year with one of these babies.
Adk Jeff Adk Jeff
Reply |

Re: Epic Pass 2016-2017

Can you buy your 2016-17 pass now and use it on your trip to Tahoe next week?  If so it's practically a no-brainer.
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

In reply to this post by skunkape
skunkape wrote
http://www.snow.com/epic-pass/Passes/epic-pass.aspx

$49 down $809 All in. I wonder why they haven't scooped up a mountain in VT yet? Noone up there is willing to make a deal with the devil I guess.

Thinking of ditching the catskills and going big next year with one of these babies.
Do it.
Benny Profane Benny Profane
Reply |

Go for the Epic local, 200 cheaper, if you must. Gotta tell ya, I am not back for this next year, and I've owned it for two years. This product has destoyed any ounce of charm in most any mountain they touch, except ABasin and Kirkwood. Massive crowds, expensive parking, overpriced food and beer. But, hell, America loves it, so what do I know.

Colorado Super Pass: I'm guessing around 400 next year. Copper, Winter Park, six days at Steamboat, three days at Crested Butte. Or, if you think you are only in Colorado for a week, fly into Denver with your Loveland four pack in hand and your ABasin three pack. Total lift ticket bill: about 300, and, trust me, two of the best mountains in the state. I adore Loveland.

Then, of course, there's the Mountain Collective. Great deal for the traveler, and Stowe included.

F**k Vail. Really. Breck even more.
funny like a clown
marznc marznc
Reply |

The M.A.X. Pass became available for 2016-17 recently.  Added Solitude, Wachusett, Aleyska to the 22 places from 2015-16.  $599 for adults until 5/1/16 gets 5 days at each of the 25 places.  $399 for teens, $299 ages 6-12.  Or $249 add-on to certain season passes, including the New England Silver and Gold passes.  The better known places include:

Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Stratton, VT
Killington, VT
Pico Mountain, VT
Loon Mountain, NH
Sugarloaf, ME
Sunday River, ME

Steamboat, CO
Winter Park, CO
Copper Mountain, CO

Big Sky, MT
Solitude, UT
Brighton, UT
Mt. Bachelor, OR
snoloco snoloco
Reply |

What would really stick it to Vail is if the Colorado Super Pass and Peak Resorts Peak Pass had a combined deal, maybe buy both and get $100 off the combined price.  Since all Peak Resorts ski areas are close to large population centers, that brings in a huge customer base that's not going to Vail mountains and instead to the other mountains.  It also eliminates the biggest pitfall of the Peak Pass and that is that there isn't any Western mountains on it.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Rj1972 Rj1972
Reply |

In reply to this post by skunkape
I purchased one a few years ago, and flew out to Vail/Summit County every other week for long weekends. The drive from Denver into the mountains got old very fast. The pass is certainly is a great bargain compared to their ticket rates.
Adk Jeff Adk Jeff
Reply |

Mountain Collective pass is looking real interesting.  $379, kids FREE (that's a big deal for me), plus they're offering a 3rd day free at any of the participating areas.  That means my family of 4 could ski 3 days at Stowe plus 2 each at say Alta & Snowbird on a Utah trip for $758.  That'd be 28 days of skiing at $27 pp/pd.  Hmmm...

* * * EDIT - OK, I see that Alta/Snowbird counts as a single destination on the MC pass, so 2 days Alta/Bird plus 3 at Stowe brings the math to $38 pp/pd.  Still pretty good...
Adk Jeff Adk Jeff
Reply |

OK all you pass weenies, anybody know if Snowbasin and/or PowMow are included in any of the multi-mtn pass deals that are out there?
Benny Profane Benny Profane
Reply |

Unfortunately, no. But Liftopia discounts.
funny like a clown