Exercise

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Exercise

ScottySkis1
Today be getting some good much needed excersie by walking 4 miles with several breaks
And lots of water drinking
So lucky to live in Scotctown next to Middletown
Eating lunch at quick check
1/4 of way with today goal.
Rain coat and umbrella in my backpack .
I was at 175 lbs 2 years ago when I moved to a community residence in Liberty.
Lack of outside activities and eating crazy diet I gained like 46 lbs.
Now at 198 lbs eating much better food and using my fitness gym in apartment complex and living in Middletown
My next summer I will be in much better overall shape
I got a great road bike just got to learn how to use gears correctly.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Exercise

warp daddy
Way to go Scotty , you CAN do it!
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by ScottySkis1
ScottySkis1 wrote
 I moved to a community residence in Liberty..
I wouldn't wish this for any skier, but good luck on the weight loss.

Walks in the woods are always good & you'll pick up those gears soon if you keep at it.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1

3 miles walking this afternoon from my apartment to supermarket.
After dinner 2 miles on treadmill in 40 minutes wish AC was on but it was off in the fitness gym
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1
Let's wait to mid fall when temperatures are forecasted for hiking at the highest of 60 degree s
I walking outside and it's crazy salty sweat that gets in my eyes kind of blindness while I trying to see cars
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Hey Scotty don’t forget about strength training too. Peter has a great post on core exercises on the blog front page right now and if you click on his name you can look through his older posts to find other stuff he’s posted in the past. Lots of good skiing specific workout suggestions.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Brownski wrote
Hey Scotty don’t forget about strength training too. Peter has a great post on core exercises on the blog front page right now and if you click on his name you can look through his older posts to find other stuff he’s posted in the past. Lots of good skiing specific workout suggestions.
As an older skier who only became a solid advanced skier after age 50, I work on flexibility and 1-leg balance in addition to core strength.  In fact, I'm more likely to spend short amount of time on that daily than anything else.  For leg strength, all I work on deliberately is hamstrings for the purposes of knee support.  Cardio is last on my list since I'm a spoiled resort skier, although it's of more interest now that short hikes in-bounds at Alta and Taos are of more interest.

I collected ideas about ski conditioning into a personal blog starting a few years ago (no ads, never will be) if anyone is interested.  Best to pick a topic under Labels to get a short list to see stuff.  I'm not a ski instructor or fitness professional, just a retired ski nut now getting in 50+ days a season who knows how to research a topic of interest.

https://over50skifitness.blogspot.com
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
all very simple
get a road or mtb bike..and ride...low impact and you will have legs like a tree trunks
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1
Thanks everyone. Actually just got brand new Giant road bike because I so tall 5' 5 lol
I love biking waiting to louse more weight and keep doing treadmill in AC and fan on
I plan on riding it a lot once temperature s cool down in Middletown late fall it also be for me a great way to get around with out a car.
I feel health stuff going on so I doing what I can with out a car and I have diabetes 2 now I never had it before I sweat crazy salty sweat after 20 minutes of any physical activity fun not. My doctor who I saw today think s it's combination of medicine for anxiety s I take and the diabetes medicine
Also previously I always hiking to get into shape but now What feels like 55 degrees to everyone feels like 95 degrees