FS: Swift Keewaydin 16 Kevlar Canoe (SOLD)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FS: Swift Keewaydin 16 Kevlar Canoe (SOLD)

MikeK
Banned User
This post was updated on .
Kevlar Fusion with aluminum trim, cherry contour seats, bow slider seat and kneeling thwart. Custom cherry yoke with CVCA pads installed with original Teal II contour yoke included. 40lbs in very good condition.  Retail is $2795.

http://www.swiftcanoe.com/canoe/touring/Keewaydin16.html

$1800 OBO.  Pictures on request.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: FS: Swift Keewaydin 16 Kevlar Canoe

Sick Bird Rider
That is a smoking deal on a very nice canoe, someone should jump on it. I know something about Swift canoes, since I work in the paddlesports industry and my office is next door to a Swift dealer: well built, beautiful to look at, nice to paddle. The Keewaydin 16 is stable, quick and light.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Thanks for the bump SBR.

It is a very, very good boat.  It might be a little twitchy at rest for someone who isn't familiar with canoes but it stiffens right up with increasing lean.  It's rock solid.

It's also a very pretty boat.  This one is golden clear coat.  It's a little bit brighter than just plain Kevlar color.  Everything is well done on it.

On the water it's pretty fast.  It's not impossible to average 4mph with it (that's good for a canoe).  It turns well too.  It's basically a big solo boat, so it responds really well to bow inputs, although at lower speeds the stern can be adjusted (or if you heel it).  At speed the stern becomes less responsive and helps it track straighter.

It's a David Yost designed boat.  If you don't know who he is, you should.  He's designed some of the best boats in North America and Canada.  He's also a native NY'er.  He's known for designing boats that are easy to paddle from both a functional and an ergonomic standpoint.

I'm only selling it because there is another boat I want more, and I have 3 boats already.  It's a really similar boat to the Keewaydin but it's symmetric (the Kee is Asymmetric), and kind of an older version of it.  I have a fiberglass version but I want a Carbon/Kevlar version.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by MikeK
MikeK wrote
I'm only selling it because there is another boat I want more, and I have 3 boats already.
No problem for the bump. Just curious, what is the boat you want more? I am somewhat of a canoe nerd, if you haven't figured it out already.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
PMs sent and received, thanks Mike. Canoe nerd out.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote
canoe nerd

That is a sweet pic. Pics in Gear for Sale!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Harvey wrote
Sick Bird Rider wrote
canoe nerd

That is a sweet pic. Pics in Gear for Sale!

Harv, you should buy Mike's canoe. Nice little family truckster.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Yes, you should... but I thought maybe you had a Hornbeck?

Totally different beast.  No double blade kerplunking.  Just smooth glide... or lots of fighting with the other paddler.  They call the tandem the divorce boat for a reason...

But yeah I need $3600 for the next boat.  And I only have 3 rack spaces.  I plan on selling my other 16' boat next year so I can get a 18' or so foot big water boat.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Sold!