Syracuse, NY
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Farmers Almanac Winter Forecast Just Out

Harvey
Administrator
Here's the map from farmersalmanac.com:

"A very active storm track will bring much heavier-than-normal precipitation from the Southern Plains through Tennessee into Ohio, the Great Lakes, and the Northeast. Because of above normal temperatures, much of the precipitation will likely be rain or mixed precipitation, although, during February, some potent East Coast storms could leave heavy snow, albeit of a wet and slushy consistency."
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
As long as we're citing Ben Franklin wisdom..... " I prefer older women. They don't tell. They don't swell and they're grateful as hell. "

Hound Dog.
CMR
Reply | Threaded
|

CMR
"Don't tell and grateful as hell"... perhaps.  Not so sure about the "don't swell" bit.  

Just remembered that my wife reads this forum.  Pray for me please.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Alrighty then, tried and true be damned, my ski purchase decision is sealed. Full rocker, 108 mm underfoot and the coolest graphic out there. Perfect for the forecasted conditions. Better trusting the Farmer's Almanac than flipping a coin.

SBR be ridin' the Bacons, oh yeah.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by CMR
CMR wrote
"Don't tell and grateful as hell"... perhaps.  Not so sure about the "don't swell" bit.  

Just remembered that my wife reads this forum.  Pray for me please.
Haha. Good one!

" Swell " refers to them not getting preggers, an important consideration in the days before the invention of birth control. Ya know, In days of old, when knights were bold and.....

It's like, ever notice in those old time photographs how all the people have a very stern look about them? That's because the pill wasn't invented yet and they were all sexually frustrated to the max.

Life on the farm was different then.....

" Damn Baby, I'm horny!!! "
" Oh NO! You are NOT knockin me up again. I've been pregnant for 12 years and 12 kids is enough!!!! "
" But Honey....."
" BUT NOTHING! Maybe you should raise sheep instead of cattle."
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Haha, basing your ski purchase decision on the Farmer's Almanac Forecast.  Love it.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
mattchuck2 wrote
Haha, basing your ski purchase decision on the Farmer's Almanac Forecast.  Love it.
Pffft... I am sure SBR would find another forecast or another reason to justify the purchase if it wasn't for the Farmer's Almanac Forecast being excellent for Jay.

By the way, if the Farmer's Almanac Forecast is not a good enough reason for any one else to buy new skis, I can offer you a few other suggestions for justifications. Always glad to help.

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
Well, to be honest, I did do some research and read some great reviews. The fuddy-duddy in me was telling me to get the new Prophet 98, basically my previous ski with tip rocker. But the non-conformist in me was saying "go for the Bacon..." I mean, what the heck, I'm 54 years old, so why not get a ski that makes life easier? And if I don't like like 'em, I'll sell them to Harv.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Sick Bird Rider wrote
I mean, what the heck, I'm 54 years old, so why not get a ski that makes life easier? And if I don't like like 'em, I'll sell them to Harv.
That's probably a pretty good strategy really.  I should be ready for them by then.

Heck might as well just go ahead and give them to me now, just have them shipped direct.  

Remember I need them mounted for a 245 Scarpa T2x.

They look very cool!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
In reply to this post by Harvey
wouldn't it be nice if we could get a few snow events in the winter with the same amount of precip  we just got from the last 2 Hurricane/Tropical storm events we just had? Or just move to BC.