This post was updated on .
atomic tele daddys 170 ish 100 under foot rotty cobras couple seasons on em
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: For sale: atomic tele daddys

Telemark Dave
Great skis for earning turns... I had a pair of Sugar Daddy's for a couple years.  Sold 'em, wish I hadn't.  If these were longer I'd be on them like a pig on sheep.  
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by freeheeln
I might take those off your hands, depending on whether or not my boot part shows up from Scarpa before December 12th.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
mattchuck2 wrote
I might take those off your hands, depending on whether or not my boot part shows up from Scarpa before December 12th.
NTN boot woes, Matt?  
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Yep. Walk mode switch is messed up so the right boot is stuck in walk mode. Had to order a new switch (for $60), but it's backordered, so I've been waiting 2 months.

Meanwhile, I don't really have any 75mm skis left, except for my fishscaled bc skis, and a very old pair of Karhu Jaks that are delaminating all over the place. Wouldn't be a problem, but I have to teach 7 straight days of tele at Killington, starting that week. Scarpa doesn't seem hopeful that the part will be here by that time, so I'm looking around to find a cheap tele setup to teach on until my walk mode is fixed.

I might just buy some cheap skis from evo and transfer the Targas over from the Jaks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Have you considered skiing with both boots in walk mode... I find it gives me more sensitivity to fore-aft balance and weighting.  Sort of like the old trick of unbuckling your boots..     Just a thought... Use the ignore function if I'm being too JONG-like...

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Telemark Dave wrote
Have you considered skiing with both boots in walk mode... I find it gives me more sensitivity to fore-aft balance and weighting.  Sort of like the old trick of unbuckling your boots..     Just a thought... Use the ignore function if I'm being too JONG-like...

TD
I have, I just don't like it. I need to have power every once in a while, and I don't want the cuff collapsing on me when I do.

If I'm just lolly gagging around the mountain, sure. If I'm charging, no.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Can't argue with that, especially on groomers.  I guess I've been spending too much time skiing la de da stylie in the woods.  
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Telemark Dave wrote
I guess I've been spending too much time skiing la de da stylie in the woods.
No such thing as "too much" time foffing around in the woods.

I hope someday to join you, and the world will live as one.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
mattchuck2 wrote
Telemark Dave wrote
I guess I've been spending too much time skiing la de da stylie in the woods.
No such thing as "too much" time foffing around in the woods.

I hope someday to join you, and the world will live as one.
Peace out.  Or, Peace, love and a ton of snow out....

Oh yeah, somebody buy these skis..
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
Moved them on to my youngest son, could check with him.
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
freeheeln wrote
Moved them on to my youngest son, could check with him.
Nice!! C-dog is going free
Gotta go to know