4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Friday Fantasy Photos (2010)

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Friday's Fantasy Photo started one early off-season night when I just wanted to see a great ski pic on Harvey Road.  Since I had more than one photo that was excellent, I kept going, without really thinking about the implications.  At some point I put a stake in the ground and said I would go to Labor Day.

It's hasn't been easy keeping it going. And I've had some controversial picks.

This photo's FFF status was questioned by many:

No question that with that pic, I'm having a hard time separating the image from the day. If you skied Twister Glades on March 6 of this year, you might know what I mean. I snapped that pic right after an exhilarating run, where I practically sprinted through the top half. I pulled up for some air, and snapped that image.

What would be YOUR criteria for a FFF?  (I'll tell mine later.)

September 3 will be the last FFF this summer. Submit your photos to harvey44@nyskiblog.com.

The best photo will be chosen to appear on the last FFF this summer. Details to follow.

If we do offer a prize it won't be some elusive chocolate chip cookie that I never actually deliver.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The FFF ~ Phantasy

JasonWx
It's a nice pic, but not a winner.. skied out, bumped up tree run shouldn't win...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Truth is, I really started this thread because I want to post today's pic BIG. To me, this is STOKE:

Whiteface Slide 4

photo by Powderqueen
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by JasonWx
The Slide Show from this years FFF:

I don't have all the bugs worked out. If you use the button in the middle at the end, it'll take you to the picassa album, it doesn't rerun it, which would be ideal. You have to mouse over it and use the button at the bottom to rerun it: