Fundraiser for Lori Phoebe Benton (Sat April 13)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fundraiser for Lori Phoebe Benton (Sat April 13)

adkskier
This post was updated on .
Saturday, April 13, 2013
5:00pm until 11:00pm

Gore Mountain Main Lodge, Tannery Pub

Our beloved Lori Phoebe has been diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma and her friends are raising funds to help with medical expenses. Come on out and help us show our LOVE for Lori!!!

20.00 prebuy tickets and 25.00 at the door!
Kids are 10.00 each
CALL FOR TICKET RESERVATIONS: 518-648-0081

Buffet Dinner - Music - Silent Auction - 50/50 Raffle - Dancing - And GUARANTEED Great Time!!!

All donations for the raffles and silent auction can be dropped at Gore Mtn to either Mary Benton Frasier who works in the kitchen or to Howie Carbone at his office. Sharalee Falzerano is also collecting auction and raffle item donations at the Cederwood B&B on Schoolhouse Road in North River.

Mary Benton Frasier is collecting donations by mail for those of you who would like to contribute, but cannot make the party. Donations can be mailed to to her attention at: 6164 NYS Route 28 Indian Lake, NY 12842

And the website....is coming soon at: www.loripheobe.com CHECK IT OUT!!
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Fundraiser for Lori "Phoebe" Benton

Darkside Shaman
Thanks for posting this Keith. Lori is an awesome person, if anyone is here that weekend please stop by the party it will be a great time and it supports a good friend.
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
+1
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by adkskier
Lori is a great person. I'll never forget her showing me all of these awesome places to ski on a huge powder day at Gore one March a bunch of years ago. It was my first time ever at the summit of Gore.  I started talking to her because she had the same pink Merrill Super Comps that I did.

I can't be there but you can count on me for a ticket.  Will the website be set up to take a credit card?

Best wishes Lori.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

adkskier
It's not yet determined as to whether they will set up for credit cards. While it's a simple process that takes about 2 minutes, it may not happen. From what I'm hearing I'd encourage anyone who wants to donate to drop a check in the mail (address in original post). They are also looking for donations for the silent auction. Low to moderately priced items sell best at this sort of fundraiser. Gift cards to local restaurants, bottles of wine, ski gear, etc. should sell well since many attending may not be rich.
Harvey44 wrote
Lori is a great person. I'll never forget her showing me all of these awesome places to ski on a huge powder day at Gore one March a bunch of years ago. It was my first time ever at the summit of Gore.  I started talking to her because she had the same pink Merrill Super Comps that I did.

I can't be there but you can count on me for a ticket.  Will the website be set up to take a credit card?

Best wishes Lori.
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
My family of 4 will be there.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Fundraiser for Lori "Phoebe" Benton (Sat April 13)

Harvey
Administrator

I got this note from Lori just now:

Hello Folks,

I just wanted to send this out to you all in case anyone missed it on face book.

It's a poster for a fund raiser for me, yes, but my sisters insists it's ok to ask folks to come out and help me.

Big Love to All and I hope we'll see you at the party.

Lori
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Please help out our friend!!!!!
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by Harvey
free and fixed plan on being there
Reply | Threaded
|

DutchDave
I was shocked to hear this news and I really love to attend the party. Unfortunately I'm living in Europe and not able to come over. But it goes without saying that I want to do my little bit to help my "Castle Rock" babe out.

It might be an idea to open a Paypal account. No hassle from CreditCard companies skimming off fees.
As we have abandoned Cheques about twenty years ago in Europe and progressed to more up-to-date ways of paying I am not able to contribute to this very worthy cause.

I hope get either a bankaccount (with Swift code of the receiving bank) so I can transfer my donation to help Phoebe.

Cheers,
David
Reply | Threaded
|

K man
Hickorymartha and I will be too.  Wouldn't miss this one.
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
what a great turnout to support Phoebe