Gail's Bumps Class

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gail's Bumps Class

gebbyfish
Anyone ever take this lesson at Gore?  They are offering it on Saturday at 945 and 1 I believe and would like to get better and more confident in the bumps.  Any thoughts?
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gail's Bumps Class

Z
Gail is the ski school director at Gore and a PSIA education staff member.  I think she may be an examiner by now.  Any clinic she is giving is going to be top shelf stuff.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Denis.N
In reply to this post by gebbyfish
I've taken one 2 years ago and plan on taking Saturday morning class as well. I wonder where camp will take place this time, it was on Rumor before.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
In reply to this post by gebbyfish
For $25 its a no brainer.  Even if you only learn one thing to help you get through the bumps its worth it.  They had a seeded bump course on the arena last weekend.  I imagine they would start out on that.

Have fun!
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
Thanks for all the info!  I'll probably be up there!
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
For others that are interested, no reservation is required.  Just show up for the two scheduled times and you are good to go.  Probably going to be the best $25 skiing related dollars I'll ever spend!
Reply | Threaded
|

Denis.N
Gebbyfish and I did take morning camp. Pleasure to meet fellow forum member.

In the morning session there were only us two with instructors Kathleen and Gail. It was best lesson I've taken. We took Uncas to Straightbrook chair, did run on Hawkeye, few runs on Lies. Finished up on Arena bump course. I kept practicing rest of Saturday and worked on passing the knowledge to my son on Sunday.

Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
Good to meet you as well, Denis!  Did you rock Walt's contest with all the new-found knowledge?
Reply | Threaded
|

Denis.N
No, I did not participate. My son and daughter (10 and 4) did. I may post video in "Kids Stoke" thread soon.