classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Games

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
Tell me about ‘em.  You play them?  Video?  Table?  Board?  Mind?  Dish!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Games

Brownski
Scrabble. Can't get people to play with me anymore so it's mostly electronic
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
Table?  Fooz....we have a Tornado tournament table, used in the 2016 US Foosball Championships (they sell them at a VERY good discount after the tournament).  My kids don’t like playing with me.  Yeah, losing sucks...but tough love and all.  They’ll appreciate me, some day.  Quarantine has allowed us to clean out the garage.  Going to pull the trigger on a Table Tennis table.  Kids are destined for the same fate there.

Video?  I’m a FIFA playa.  I still screw around with the kids on the Wii once in a while.  Rah, Rah, Rasputin?  I crush that Just Dance shit.  Need to get back to Guitar Hero on the XBox.

Board?  Jenga.  Tried to teach the kids Yatzee, they didn’t gain an appreciation.  Risk?  Back to my kids and not liking to be, well...losers!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Bar room Olympic player here. Fooz, pool, darts.

Enjoy pitch

That's about it

Zero video games
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
lots of trivia games and some cards
we don't own any game consoles...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I used to play a lot of Halo about 8-10 years ago. I used to play Mario Kart & GoldenEye about 16-20 years ago. Don't really play many video games anymore. Every once in a long while, I play "puzzle fighter", which is a Tetris/Dr. Mario type game that's just a time killer.

I got pretty bored of the same table games after playing them for so long (Parcheesi/Monopoly/Sorry/Othello/etc.). I do like the new ones like Carcassonne & Settlers of Catan. Hoping to play more of those.

I like the new batch of Party games a lot. Cards against Humanity, obviously, the Cyanide & Happiness "Joking Hazard" game... If you haven't tried "Telestrations" with a big group, I recommend. It's like a game of telephone with drawings and it's hilarious (especially the "after dark" version).

I'm also a big Scrabble guy. I do some Words with Friends, but I like the table game better. Brownski, how into it are you? Are you a word memorizer? All the 2-letter words & most of the 3s?

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In college we played Monopoly and Risk. Those were fun days. Games would go on and on for days. The stench on stale beer and bong water were all part of the challenge.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Nope , so over games !!!  Used to be a  Pitch / Jersey Pitch freak , scrabble , various stock market oriented games , monopoly ,risk etc
Actually  burned out on them as a,college kid . The rest of the guys in the extended fam overdose on carcasonne and other derivatives  ( there is a huge GAME BAG that makes its way here 😱when they are here for summer vacay , Thanksgiving and Xmas and thats fine.

Me  : i much prefer to focus on conversations with the distaff side of,💅👄the extended family when they are here , yeah i DIg chicks hahaha

So in real time for me , my games are my guitars  and all the electronic toys that support them : effects generators , amps , and synths .

Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
I'm also a big Scrabble guy. I do some Words with Friends, but I like the table game better. Brownski, how into it are you? Are you a word memorizer? All the 2-letter words & most of the 3s?
I think I know most of the 2 letter words just by playing it so long but I’m not really a memorizer. I tried playing the online mode which I think is similar to Words With Friends but I don’t have patience to wait for the other people to get around to answering. I mostly play against the computer. The actual board game is better of course. Then when the other player is taking too long you can drink a beer or yell at them at least.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
When we have family gatherings we usually play JackBox.  It takes the scourge of game consoles and smartphones, things that are generally anti-socializing, and makes it into an interactive group activity.  Everyone connects to the game and answers questions/enters responses on the phone.  Variety of games included (trivia/quips/creative/etc.).  It’s actually pretty fun, and you can often passive-aggressively rip on your loved ones, in the nicest of ways!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Tetris is another one that’s good to distract me while watching the news or waiting for a meeting to start or something.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Brownski, can we play Scrabble online? If so, I'm up for it. Warning: I have a ringer in the household.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Brownski wrote
Brownski, can we play Scrabble online? If so, I'm up for it. Warning: I have a ringer in the household.
We can probably figure it out. The app I’ve been playing on for years is going away on April 20. The company lost the license or something. I can’t believe there’s not a replacement in the works though.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Brownski wrote
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Brownski wrote
We can probably figure it out. The app I’ve been playing on for years is going away on April 20. The company lost the license or something. I can’t believe there’s not a replacement in the works though.
I suppose we do a Zoom Scrabble game but that might be a little slow. And challenging for camera angles.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
We have a ping pong table being delivered Friday, as is essential for out mental health.