classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
35 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Glade Cleanup at Greek Peak

gorgonzola
campgottagopee wrote
No, but I ski with Camo John (at times) and due enjoy a lift ride with him from time to time. He's a good dude.

a few years back he and I shared a ride up #4 and got to the top just as they dropped the rope over to #5. We got fresh tracks in 6-8" le fresh making perfect x-cross sine waves, totally sublime - I don't think either of us said a word riding back up 5...

shit I can't wait to ski
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
He's not a big talker to begin with. Dude skis damn near everyday, if not everyday.

You gonna make skiers picnic??? I actually have plans to go this year.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
doubtful on the picnic  we celebrated our 25th yesterday so headed out on cruise instead of our annual cny wine trail excursion.

skier's picnic used to be a pretty good time, not the same since moving to the adventure center, our kids growing older and our group sort of fizzling out.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Gotcha

Our crew should all be at the picninc this year ---- we'll step it up a notch

Most likely a party after the party at my new camp
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
Any word on what's being cleared?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Haven't heard

Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
I'll be up Sunday with glade runner trying to recruit a few more still. Are they giving away any passes? That would make recruiting non pass holders alot easier.
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
Anyone go up today? If so what was worked on?
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
So went to greek this AM. Got to the patrol building at 8:45 no one to be seen. Waited until 9:45 not a car in the parking lot.  Was it canceled? Pretty disappointed!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Let me see what I can find out.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Apparently five members of patrol worked much of the day on clean up. Patrol apologies for the confusion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Letter from Mark Whitmore to John Meier, Marc Stemerman and the skiers of Greek Peak:

Hi John and Marc,

We need a huge volunteer effort to get Labyrinth and the other glades cleaned up for the upcoming ski season. I’d appreciate it if you guys could help get the word out to Greek Peak skiers.

The Ski Patrol has usually been the lead group cleaning up the glades for the past. We will be doing it again on Sunday, October 26 starting at 9:00 AM meeting at the Ski Patrol building. Work will consist mostly of moving cut up logs and branches from fallen trees off the trails. Most of the work will focus on widening the steep section of Labyrinth and getting hay laid down so the snow will stay in place. Dress for the mud in the glades. Come join us for a few hours to make our popular glades trails ready for the snow to come.

Things to bring: lunch, gloves,  grass whip, bush hook, loppers.

Transportation from Patrol Building to the glades will be provided.

Best regards,

Mark Whitmore
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote

skier's picnic used to be a pretty good time, not the same since moving to the adventure center, our kids growing older and our group sort of fizzling out.
It's been a dozen or so years since I've been able to make the skiers picninc, and I'm glad they changed the name to Fall Festival, because the Fall Festival has nothing to do with skiing/skiers. Heck, besides employees I didn't even know anyone there (except our crew), but there was a decent turn out. We lasted about an hour and a half.

Not trying to bash GP at all here, just pointing out that SKIERS weren't there.......

That said, we found the SKIERS PICNINC!!!! Just a mile down the road was a big tent of food, buckets of beer everywhere, Warren Miller flicks playing outside on a big screene, 2 bonfires going, people laughing and talking skiing. The skiers were there.

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
 nice!

also saw pics of the glade work on fb, awesome  job by pdq and crew  I would love to have been able to get up and make a weekend out of the picnic and glade work but too much going on
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Believe me when I say I wish I could've made the glade clean up yesterday. Playing golf when it's 40 out, with wind and rain, isn't all that much fun.