Goggles?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
20 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Goggles?

Raymo40
Looking to pick up a new pair of goggles. Would like to get a lens that helps in flat light but would still be ok if it was sunny. Any suggestions. Looking good would also be cool.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Goggles?

Condor
you could grab a pair of smith I/O's (not I/Os unless you have a smaller face, I/Os=I/O small) and have the best of both worlds as far as conditions. comes with 2 lenses, 1 sunny day lens and one overcast lens, very easy to change....plus you get the cool factor!! price wise they are $165 with both lenses. if you arent looking to spend that much the phenom from smith is a great goggle as well for about $119-$129. the red sensor and sensor mirror are great east coast lenses. if you want a little bit of a bigger fit the prophecy is a great goggle as well for the same price. the io, phenom, and prophecy are all spherical lenses as well and have a porex filter to help prevent fogging.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
i always buy the cheapest ones that fit..just bought ones with yellow lens for the cloudy/snowy days..29.00

if you brake them or scratch them no biggie..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by Raymo40
Raymo40 wrote
Would like to get a lens that helps in flat light but would still be ok if it was sunny.
Any Oakley with the high-intensity persimmons lens. The high-intensity yellow lens, though a bit better in flat light, will melt your eyeballs when the sun comes out.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I've always gone for some shade of amber for flat light.  It's cloudy a lot, and that's when I want to make sure I can see the terrain. I'll deal with the sun when it comes.  With any luck I'm in the trees anyway.  :)

Not sure what my new gansta goggles are.  They are shiny on the outside but not as amber as other goggles I've had.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Spongeworthy
Huh!, that's funny. Ditto on the Smith I/O goggles Condor. I'm literally buying a pair right now. Great style, cool looking, less frame = more field of vision, and 2 lens = only needing one pair of goggles.

The lens swap out on the I/O's is so easy, so slick, it's kinda sad no one ever built it before.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
Not sure what my new gansta goggles are.
Hehehe. Gansta? Jersey Thug44 ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Today you have to try them on with your helmet on. Make sure that works together.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Raymo40
Thanks the Smiths sound like what i'm looking for. I'll check them out.
Reply | Threaded
|

Raymo40
This post was updated on .
Took the plunge and picked up the Smith I/O. Sweet goggle
A big thanks to my man Snowballs for e-mailing me a link to a e-bay site were I picked them up for 89 bucks

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Raymo40 wrote
A big thanks to my man Snowballs for e-mailing me a link to a e-bay site were I picked them up for 89 bucks
Nice!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
Smith sensor mirror. Just ordered sunday. Delivery monday. backcountry used to be better, a week for goggles! I have to borrow my sister girlfriends goggles tomorrow cause mine are toast.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Hey you're welcome Raymo! Got mine the other day, but haven't been out to try them yet.

This Pants fella, seems like a wayward soul, a Fujative.
Reply | Threaded
|

DragonAlliance
Banned User
If the weather is sunny then its better otherwise in snow, goggles act as like your best friends. It protects your eyes from UV rays and cool breeze from snow effected areas. I love tracking in snow covered areas. I use mostly DX snow goggles for this purpose. They have double layer face foam with micro fleece lining which covers eyes and protect from external damage.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I have had really good luck with Smith both goggles and sun glasses.

I go with 2 pairs of goggles - one with a darker flash type lens to use on bright days and another lens just for flat light days.  I will switch to the flat light lens in the afternoon particularly in December and January when the sun sets behind Little Whiteface is is very hard to see.  I like the browns and orange tints for low light.  This is very much a personal preference.  Smith does a really good job of fitting their goggles with Smith Helmets

I've always found its not worth it to bother to change lens in goggles.  Just buy 2 pairs and they will last longer.

For sun glasses Smith makes really great and easily changable lens which you can order in like 20 different colors and levels of darkness.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

daewidd
Goggles that look should, that should be Italian designed! The Italian manufacturer Buhel has goggles with great looks, uv400 protection and bluetooth and intercom functions:
Buhel snow goggles

found them at www.buhelstore.com/goggles

I don't think a lot would be able to beat this fellow!
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
This post was updated on .
daewidd wrote
Goggles that look should, that should be Italian designed! The Italian manufacturer Buhel has goggles with great looks, uv400 protection and bluetooth and intercom functions:
Buhel snow goggles

found them at www.buhelstore.com/goggles

I don't think a lot would be able to beat this fellow!
If you need goggles connected to your mobile because you're on the phone that much you might as well get off the slopes. What's this Bluetooth intercom? If you are within 50 ft of someone a novel concept would be to go over and talk to them......they look pretty though
Reply | Threaded
|

HoliScott
that's a great price for a great goggle-I get the I/0's for $87.50 pro price.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
I'm a fan of the cheapies too.  I end up scratching them....so this way, they're replaceable yearly or so.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Why can't someone  improve on what they are actually made for like seeing. Instead of this gizmo garbage. How about improvong the fogging/icing issues before worrying about an intercom