Good People

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Good People

Face4Me
So I'm driving back to my house from Whiteface yesterday afternoon and I use my windshield washers to clean the window. When the wipers move across the window, I notice a small piece of paper under the passenger side wiper blade. I immediately think, oh crap, someone must have hit my car and left me a note with their information.

When I get to my house, I get the piece of paper and look at it. It's a note:

"A black xxxxxx xxxxxxx hit your car 02/16/13 (driver side door) License XX XXX####"

I walk back around and look at the driver's side door. Sure enough, there's a very minor dent and some scratches. The good news is that I'm not really much of a "car guy" anyway, so given how minor the damage is, no big deal to me.

But, for the person who left me the note, if you're reading this, thanks a lot for the effort. I think most people would have completely ignored the situation if they'd seen it.

For the person who hit my car, if you're reading this, just remember, Karma's a bitch!!!
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Good People

gkny
damned snowboarders.
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
gkny wrote
damned snowboarders.
F U....
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote
But, for the person who left me the note, if you're reading this, thanks a lot for the effort. I think most people would have completely ignored the situation if they'd seen it.
That's great!  Glad that kind of thing still happens..  :)
Reply | Threaded
|

gkny
In reply to this post by dmc_hunter
dmc_hunter wrote
gkny wrote
damned snowboarders.
F U....
If I had used a    at the end of my comment, it would have spoiled the fun of having a response like this.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
gkny wrote
dmc_hunter wrote
gkny wrote
damned snowboarders.
F U....
If I had used a    at the end of my comment, it would have spoiled the fun of having a response like this.
4sure!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by dmc_hunter
dmc_hunter wrote
gkny wrote
damned snowboarders.
F U....

Bro,  you need to join the 21st century...  the battle is over....  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Face4Me wrote

For the person who hit my car, if you're reading this, just remember, Karma's a bitch!!!
word!  someone dented me last season and left nothing.  But, I'm like you in that it was only a minor dent, it's a pickup, an adirondack pickup so the dent fits right in....

Nice to meet you.  Your little guy is quite the ripper!  He was tearing it on Hoyt's Saturday!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
ScottyJack wrote
Nice to meet you.  Your little guy is quite the ripper!  He was tearing it on Hoyt's Saturday!
Nice to meet you too.

I'd like to take a couple of runs with you some time, though I'm not quite sure I can keep up with you!!! You guys come down like you're "on a mission"!!! Dang!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Bro,  you need to join the 21st century...  the battle is over....
I wish... But not here...

I'd be happy to go to my grave without the snarly anti-snowboard bullshit that goes on here more than any other ski board i frequent by far...

Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
In reply to this post by gkny
gkny wrote
dmc_hunter wrote
gkny wrote
damned snowboarders.
F U....
Purposely poking people...  FU...
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
ScottyJack wrote
word!  someone dented me last season and left nothing.  But, I'm like you in that it was only a minor dent, it's a pickup, an adirondack pickup so the dent fits right in....

I never even notice the small dents until I wash my car...  :)  It's pretty dirty now..  
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
ScottyJack wrote
Your little guy is quite the ripper!  He was tearing it on Hoyt's Saturday!
Oh yeah ... and with regard to that ... I'd love to say I taught him everything he knows, but the reality is, I've got Coach Z (and a few others) to thank for that!!!

Whiteface ski instructors rock!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
I have had so many cars hit and damaged in parking lots and have never received a note from the offender or anyone else. Someone put a 3 foot long deep scratch, prob with ski pole on the side of my conversion van, back in the day at WF.
To this day, I fear my vehicle will becaome a makeshift snowboard/ski rack when parked in the lot of any ski area. I try to be as calculating as possible when selecting a place to park my car at ski areas, especially during busy holiday periods.

Some folks just don't give a crap about respecting other people's property. Age old problem.
"Feets fail me not"