classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore 12/4/10 (pics added)

Powderqueen
This post was updated on .
Conditions very good. Three ways down, two lifts, core Gore folk. Usual suspects. New skis. Manmade powder. Chilly. Sunny. Very nice first day for me.  

Top of Bear Mountain towards Top Ridge

The Gear Source
EDeO, Jeff Palka and Emily Taylor

(Done PDQ).

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Today

Harvey
Administrator
Anonymous SMS report submitted via mobile from Gore 12/4:

Jamboree

"Hit hard by the rain, but they've started blowing on Wild Air and Fox Lair.

Pine Knot to Tannery was open today... Decent Gun Pow."
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore 12/4/10 (pics added)

70s Gore Kid
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Powderqueen
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Syracuse, NY
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Yeah, and check out the new Killington cams. Actual real time video. Modern technology is so cool.

What's the "store" in the last pic with that cool dog?
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Benny Profane wrote
What's the "store" in the last pic with that cool dog?
 Open ! - The sign is right in front.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny, that's The Gear Source's new location on 28N, between Main Street and Route 28.  Real nice shop.  I stopped in yesterday and picked up a pair of nice poles for my son (6 yrs old) for $10.  I recommend a visit next time you're in town.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by 70s Gore Kid
70s Gore Kid wrote
Great report, but you can really see the typical Gore Snow Drought in full force with PDQ's photos.  
I'd say that a bit of snowmaking progress had been made by Sunday when I skied with my family.  Guns were blowing hard in various locations on the mountain, including Foxlair pictured below.  I would expect additional terrain will come online during the week as snowmaking operations progress.  Unless there's a big dump, at this point continued cold weather is more important than natural snow.
Guns on Foxlair

WF has been in on some of the snow action and had their first powder day today.  Unfortunately, lifts were on wind hold for much of the day.  I received the photo below at about noon today, perhaps someone who was up at the Face can report in with a first hand report.
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
The Gear Source  is awesome. Their new location is convenient and this new shop is really nice. You will find what you need there. I bought a pair of used Karhu backcountry touring skis for $75 with 3pin on them. They mounted the bindings on my new Line Prophets and do a great ski tune. They carry both new and used gear. Killer deals on new Garmont AT ski boots. If my new boot liners didn't work for me, I might have bought a pair. New Icelantic Skis looked really cool too.