classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore Adks: Finding new adventure six years after

Gunny J
This post was updated on .

It’s been exactly six years  since our first trip to Gore mountain and the Adirondacks. After finding the NY Ski Blog online and reading and seeing all the photos a first trip was planned. On that first trip we liked what we found at Gore. Over the next few seasons we made multiple trips to Gore all in the Spring due to children in the race program.

Fast forward 6 years later we are season pass holders and still have so much of the mountain left to explore.

Saturday was a perfect Blue bird warm  sunny day . Rumor and Lies were  groomed with perfect early morning grippy snow. The views of Mt Marcy and others from the top were in breathtaking

After a few goomer  laps we headed for the glades

Before we knew one o clock was approaching, we parked up and got ready to be picked up for our afternoon adventure.

Wife was with us on this trip. she doesn’t like alpine skiing so off to Garnet Hill for XCskiing for the afternoon.

That afternoon we soaked up the sun and skied a few of the tamer trails.

We met a very experienced wife and husband XC team. She offered son DEREK a trip out to the trail Skull buster why my wife and I chatted with her husband. Views of Haystack  and a new appreciation of XC skiing  was experienced by son DEREK as he made his way back.

Sunday was a Minnie powder day and we had first track multiple times on some trails and some of the marked glades. We have heard a ton of complaints about Gore this season on line and riding the lifts. We are basically newbies to the mountain. but love it and will be renewing our pass.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Adks Finding new adventure six years after

Brownski
I really like this report for some reason. I think you captured the Gore gestalt perfectly. Thanks for sharing it with us.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Adks: Finding new adventure six years after

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gunny J
Gunny J wrote
It’s been exactly six years  since our first trip to Gore mountain and the Adirondacks. After finding the NY Ski Blog online and reading and seeing all the photos a first trip was planned. On that first trip we liked what we found at Gore.
This warms my heart Gunny. Nice!

I agree, Gore is awesome.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Nice report

I truly need to get back to Gore. Last time I skied there the red Gondola cars that are hanging in everyone's yard were in use.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Yep agree Gore is one of my real favs , always enjoyed skiing it with my family on annual trips there for several decades . The mountain offers something for  everyone and in peak  times like PREZ, Week once off the gondi it is damn near ski on access.  

One bonus Whenever the wind was blowing that North side offered sheltered skiing . But Love Top Ridge and Straightbrook quad areas and High Peaks area .  But as an old fart love cruising Twister beaucoup times every day .

I miss Gore bigtime !
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.