466 messages Options
1 ... 2021222324
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

sudsnbumps
plenty of snow...time to earn em
Today was Great...Yesterday was better...there are still possibilities for the near future (for me...for others maybe longer)
Great season...Great Atmosphere on the deck today...but...
Summer Sucks!
 Mike, one more...please?!?!  (but honestly I understand)
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Great weekend, great skiing, great deck party.

See you next year, Gore...
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
In reply to this post by sudsnbumps
finished the official gore season on sunday. it was a great blue bird day with perfect corn snow. glades were too crusty but all trails skied great. temps were about 40* up top. the cover was incredible for so late in season. grapevine said that this was gore's latest ever closing. never encountered any mush even when skiing to bottom at 3 pm. i'm giving gore an A this year. nature was b+ with adequate snow but great late season snow and only 2 meltdowns earlier in year but gore did a fantastic job snowmaking this year, sagamore excepted raising the grade to A. thought my season ended a couple of weeks ago with a hamstring pull but i rehabbed myself back to sking and biking again. maybe one more time at killington before i hang them up this year.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
frk wrote
finished the official gore season on sunday. it was a great blue bird day with perfect corn snow. glades were too crusty but all trails skied great. temps were about 40* up top. the cover was incredible for so late in season. grapevine said that this was gore's latest ever closing. never encountered any mush even when skiing to bottom at 3 pm. i'm giving gore an A this year. nature was b+ with adequate snow but great late season snow and only 2 meltdowns earlier in year but gore did a fantastic job snowmaking this year, sagamore excepted raising the grade to A. thought my season ended a couple of weeks ago with a hamstring pull but i rehabbed myself back to sking and biking again. maybe one more time at killington before i hang them up this year.
+1

Thank you Mike Pratt and Gore for a great season and opening one last weekend. It was sweet to finish up on such a beautiful day.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Sweet picture, MC2!
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Great pic Matt.  Amazing to see that much snow on Chatty this late.  My 4 year old and I went up early on Sunday morning to get a few last runs in.  Pulled into the parking lot and realized we (I) forgot to grab her snow pants.  Ooops.  Tried lost and found and a few other places and couldn't find anything for her so we drove home bummed out.  I wasn't gonna drive an hour back and another hour up again.  It was a great season.  I got my fill.
Reply | Threaded
|

moguljunkie
This post was updated on .
Enjoyed my first trip up Sunday. Bumps, snow, and sun were not in short supply.

Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
sunday was an awesome way to enjoy the end the season. big groups both on and off the slope.if only top secret had skied better
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hudsonhiker
In reply to this post by frk
Latest closing I have for Gore in my skiing log is in 2007 April 22nd one day later.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by frk
frk wrote
... thought my season ended a couple of weeks ago with a hamstring pull but i rehabbed myself back...
Great to hear it frk.  Was surprised when you posted.

moguljunkie... nice pics... very curious to hear what you thought of the half of Gore that you saw.  Any preconceived notions that were reinforced or dispelled?

Actually nice pics all around.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

moguljunkie
I thought Gore was great. Rumor and Lies were plenty challenging. Looks like there's a ton of tree skiing and was even tempted to dip into the woods a couple of times on Sunday in spots where there still was some snow.

Was definitely not expecting the mountain to be as big as it was. A run from the top back to the base lodge seemed to take an eternity. Can't wait to come back on a midwinter midweek powder day.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by freeheeln
freeheeln wrote
if only top secret had skied better
This was taken where the coverage was still "good".

PS- Where's Waldo (Condor)?
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
In reply to this post by Danzilla
My 18 year old did the same thing, but we skied.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
I wish I would have gone into the woods on Saturday but got stuck on Rumor all day.  Went in on the Dark Side on Sunday and the coverage was fantastic but never softened...so I went back to Rumor.  I hope there is some left next weekend as I will bring my Allstars (don't really care what I ski over with them)...As long as I can walk and there is still snow...AIN'T DONE YET
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by moguljunkie
moguljunkie wrote
I thought Gore was great. Rumor and Lies were plenty challenging. Looks like there's a ton of tree skiing and was even tempted to dip into the woods a couple of times on Sunday in spots where there still was some snow.

Was definitely not expecting the mountain to be as big as it was. A run from the top back to the base lodge seemed to take an eternity. Can't wait to come back on a midwinter midweek powder day.
Very cool, thanks for the update.

Where do you ski most?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Hudsonhiker

Photo from Moxham Mt. this morning. Still snow here and there all over. It ended up real warm later today so the snow melted a lot but still a lot to melt.

Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Keith
Time to move on to the next season

Reply | Threaded
|

gkny
that's what I thought too until I realized that there is the other side of the Northway with still lift service operations running,
so with the onset of post-season withdrawal symptoms kicking in after Gore Mtn. and WF closing last week, I just couldn't let it go, and went to Killington.
Reply | Threaded
|

K man
We skied Gore yesterday, April 29 and it was awesome.  We hiked up tannery, then skinned from the base of the Topridge Triple to the base of Lies.  We booted up Lies.  I kicked in the steps and after the first time up it was alot quicker.  Did a few top to bottm laps on Lies in spring hero corn at 70 degrees.  You probably won't be able to skin up tannery in a couple days, but there is still a ton of snow on the upper mountain.  We spoke to a few who had skied Rumor and they said Lies was better.  Uncus looked good as did Hawkeye.  "There's still snow in them thar hills"
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Reply | Threaded
|

K man
 photo gore4-28-2013002_zpsee9d01ce.jpg

Hickory Martha climbing Lies, April 28, 2013
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
1 ... 2021222324