1 ... 2526272829
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

sudsnbumps
ugh have a dentist appt at 8...be there 45 minutes after I get out
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Gorefarmhouse
No snow event here in North Creek.  If I had some food coloring and flavoring I'd be able to open a slushy stand.  
We're hoping it was all snow at the top!
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
The upper mountain was in a cloud. Snow up there was quite nice, but poor visibility was a huge problem (frequent stops to wipe off goggles). Rumor and Lies were closed. Fairview was wonderful. A bit icy on the lower mountain where visibility cleared. My wife gave up after one run down Showcase because she had no edges. Hardly anybody there today.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps

Make your own fun day...sorry for stealing that line Shaman
2" of dense skied like 6.  Made it a point to try and get to those favored places before Shaman, Condor, et al
When I came down a little after two the bottom was soft.  Didn't really encounter any ice.  Bummer about Lies and Rumor but they would have been rough with the lack of visibility...When you can't see, ski the trees
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
Fantastic conditions today. Rain groomed goodness! Couldn't see shit and it was raining half the time but one of the top days I've had at gore this season!
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Condor wrote
Fantastic conditions today. Rain groomed goodness! Couldn't see shit and it was raining half the time but one of the top days I've had at gore this season!
I'll second that. Got soaked, but the skiing was superb.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
It's late, but it's on.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Ski Day 36: WOOHOO!

Today ended up very nice.  Tried to convince Neve to chill and head over around 11 but she would have none of it.  The morning wasn't too bad, seemed that the lower mountain was soft.  Slowly... things came around and the sun started coming out.  Reports from the top, were that the trails were stiff, but the trees were good.

Best things for us were Powder Pass, Sleeping Bear, Tahawas, Under the North, Twister, and trees.  Trees did come into play by afternoon and were saweet.

We heard the Dark Side was nice but did not get there.  Too much to do down low.  Proved my point that vertical drop is about more than just continuous vert.

Ended the day with Cip and Suds, maximizing awesomeness staying just ahead of sweep.

Good times on the deck afterward, connecting with a bunch of people who I haven't seen nearly enough. Chuck, Bobby, EDeO, frk, Mark, Mad Pat.

Oh yea.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
^^ Cool pic... Tahawus Glade?
Saturday worked out to be a fun day though it wasn't exactly what we were expecting / hoping for.  
Upon arrival we found out the Straightbrook chair was down with an electrical problem, and would likely remain down all day.  We ventured up top anyway via the High Peaks chair, but found very firm conditions as of late morning /close to noon on the open terrain up there.  Given the wind, temps and cloud cover, I'd be surprised if any of the Darkside or summit terrain softened up, but hey, maybe somebody found something worth skiing up there late in the day.
In any case, it worked out fine because we did front-side gondi laps all day (never made it down the North side) harvesting some very nice corn on all those trails.  No real standouts among them - basically everything was fun.  Coverage remains good though Wild Air is showing some bare spots and Arena is pretty much a mess (recommend Jambo instead).
Assuming Straightbrook chair got fixed, the summit trails should be fantastic today (Sun) with a 55-degree sunny forecast.
We are heading out the door to Whiteface momentarily, for what will probably be our final day of the season.

*Edit - MadPat was there?  Bummer, I would have liked to finally meet.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Wow what a day!  Sun cord groomers and trees. Some big father daughter stuff. So much fun. Grabbing dinner at Scotty's so a long drive ahead. Will try to post something on the weekend soon.

Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps

I only have one.  4 12 15 Epic?  
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Duck T. R.
The only way yesterday could have been any better is if there was a foot of fresh pow.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589

Great day. Warm sunshine, soft snow, good times with good people.

Not epic. Just a typical spring day at Gore, skiing the trees (and Double Barrel!) on April 12th.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
^ God, I hate this forum software.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
It was at least Epic-ish.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
It could have been epic if ski patrol didn't chase a duck up hedges...then they made us ski Tahawus Glade
Let's hope they let us play next weekend too...PLEASE!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
I think opening will be weather dependent. The forecast for Sat-Sun is starting to look a lot better.
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
Gore announced $30 pp lift tickets for this weekend. Not sure what the pp is. Thought pre paid but don’t think
They sell them online.
Open lifts will be the Northwoods Gondola, the Straight Brook Quad, the High Peaks Chair, and the Topridge Triple.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
sig wrote
Gore announced $30 pp lift tickets for this weekend. Not sure what the pp is. Thought pre paid but don’t think
They sell them online.
Open lifts will be the Northwoods Gondola, the Straight Brook Quad, the High Peaks Chair, and the Topridge Triple.
pp = per person
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
Spongeworthy wrote
sig wrote
They sell them online.
pp = per person
ha i'm an idiot.   thanks
1 ... 2526272829