classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore Improvements

Raymo40
This post was updated on .
Stopped by Gore today on my way back from camping on the Moose river plains for a look see.
The new deck for the Tannery isn't started yet, just the foundation. Is that ever going to get built?

I was very happy to see these babies sitting in the parking lot.

Let it SNOW....
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Improvements

MC2 5678F589
Nice. Hope they can get the deck finished this fall . . .
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
They're going to blow snow in the parking lot?
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

adkskier
Benny Profane wrote
They're going to blow snow in the parking lot?
no...they're going to make ice in the parking lot and Pratt will drive the new Zamboni (a hand me down from Lake Placid) to make it nice and shiny after using it on Fairview!
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Actually, that would be a fun new attraction. Ice up half the parking lot and rent out old Camaros so that we can all do donuts to our heart's content until it's time to pack up and leave.

Say, isn't that parking lot paved in that picture.........?
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Gore's main lot has been paved for quite a while.
But isn't that what lot D is for anyways?
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
tBatt wrote
Gore's main lot has been paved for quite a while.

Zing, right over your head. That's OK, it's summer, you're excused for not paying attention.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
whoops.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hudsonhiker
Hiked up Schaefer Trail to Gore summit on Saturday. I noticed these works in progress. Windy Hill photo has a new tower gun just visible over the sign. I was too lazy to go back down the work road to really get a picture. It’s right there bottom of the hill on the right. The Deere was smoothing the Summit chair ramp making it less steep looks like. The photo of the back side of Burnt Ridge I wonder about? It looks like grading work being down just at the high spot on the trail back over to Twister. Take a little of it down and I’d use it more. Do we get a fall preview interview with Mike Pratt, Harv?
tower gun sorta visible

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Hudsonhiker wrote
Hiked up Schaefer Trail to Gore summit on Saturday. I noticed these works in progress. Windy Hill photo has a new tower gun just visible over the sign. I was too lazy to go back down the work road to really get a picture. It’s right there bottom of the hill on the right. The Deere was smoothing the Summit chair ramp making it less steep looks like. The photo of the back side of Burnt Ridge I wonder about? It looks like grading work being down just at the high spot on the trail back over to Twister. Take a little of it down and I’d use it more. Do we get a fall preview interview with Mike Pratt, Harv?
Windy Hill can use a tower for sure.

The long term plan is to take some dynamite to Hedges to make it possible to connect to Twister. Any chance that's what you saw?

Been trying to get a Gore update going. Seemed like when the deal for the Adk Express fell through it killed steam for for an update.  I'm still trying.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Hudsonhiker
Hedges photo was dirt not rock so it probably was not blasting. I took it from the gondi on the way down. Walked up Schaefer to lunch on top snuffled around abit walked over to the gondi for a nice easy ride to the base took the shuttle to Sarah’s Café for a lemonade and a cookie it’s all good. Another nice Windy Hill picture.
Reply | Threaded
|

adkskier
When did the ADK Express deal officially fall through? I wondered why it was missing from the list f this year's and last year's improvements in the e-mail blast received today.
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

xWeatherMan
In reply to this post by Hudsonhiker
I got the email about improvements for 2013-2014 including the Hedges trail. Last year they pulled us over behind a snow cat from just before the entrance to Tahawus glade to twister on Hedges when Echo was closed for a race. From what i remember there were at least two uphill sections and lots of flats, they  pulled us a fairly long way. It is hard to imagine how they could re contour it to make it downhill.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by adkskier
I guess you could say June 25. But even that isn't really accurate.

My bad for using the phrase "fell through." That implies that it was a done deal which was undone.  There was never a time when the lift replacement was assured to happen this year.

That is a nice windy hill pic. :)
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp