6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore Mountain, NY: 11/25/12

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Ski Day 2: It's time to pony up and buy the new camera. (Probably the Canon S100). My trust Canon 1200is looks to be dead.  After I took three pics this morning the lens just wouldn't pop out, and the readout was saying "lens error."  I was hoping to ask Zelda for it for Christmas, but the season is now, so here I go > Cyber Monday here I come.

I took three pictures before the 1200 died.

Gore Base Area

Gondola

When I got to the the mountain (GASP) I'd forgotten my butt bag.  Early season routine rustiness I guess.  I was without mittens, and with two new pairs at home, I wasn't in the market for another pair.  I actually ran into Mike in the parking lot and the brother gave me the gloves off his hands. Rock solid.

Neve went for her lesson gondi line cuts and I started yakking with folks in the plebe line. Same as it ever was.

Snow was pretty good yesterday and most improved today. An inch of natural, another day of subfreezing grooming and some manmade blowby in spots helped.

Both Neve and I felt much more confident than yesterday.  I can definitely feel my hamstring, but the tele turns feel like good exercise. Still have lingering fears I can't shake.

Was great to see Suds, Duck, Zach, Sophie, Nick, tBatt and meet some new folks too.

We only stayed until 11:30, but I was completely content with run and the snow we had.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Mountain, NY: 11/25/12

ml242
Sorry to hear about the butt bag. I hate it when that happens!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I was more bummed about the camera. I bought the Canon s100 via Amazon yesterday and the price is already $100 less than when I looked at it in a camera store 2 months ago.  Paid for fast shipping, but just got an email confirming that it won't be coming "soon."  Doh!
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
When I got to the the mountain (GASP) I'd forgotten my butt bag.  
Free the heels, free the butt?

Looks like you had a fine day nevertheless.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
I was more bummed about the camera. I bought the Canon s100 via Amazon yesterday and the price is already $100 less than when I looked at it in a camera store 2 months ago.  Paid for fast shipping, but just got an email confirming that it won't be coming "soon."  Doh!
Nice upgrade! Looking forward to seeing your pics this season!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
riverc0il wrote
Nice upgrade! Looking forward to seeing your pics this season!
Yea no hiding now behind an excuse about a crappy camera...got to deliver!