Gore Mtn - 1/17/11

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore Mtn - 1/17/11

RosieSki
First day at Gore for me this year.  On the trip up, a sign in Speculator was showing the temperature at -9… Brrrr…  But the skiing was great!

Started off the morning with Twister and Wild Air, then headed to Bear Mountain for Topridge and Uncas.  They all were great with soft snow.  Rumor had lots of nice bumps on it and was very fun, Hawkeye skied well too.  Lower Darby and Hullabaloo had really nice soft snow on them, and Darby Woods was definitely fun (although scraped off in a couple places).   Lies, Cloud, and Headwaters were all good skiing too.

In the afternoon we went over to Burnt Ridge where Sagamore was still getting pounded with snow guns.  Sagamore was amazing, sweet whales and nice soft bumps, definitely my pick of the day.  Echo was great too, I skied down the side of it and found more soft snow.

The awesome skiing today was completely worth the cold in the morning, and the mountain was surprisingly quiet for a holiday, we didn't wait in line at all. Great day all around!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Mtn - 1/17/11

Harvey
Administrator
Rosie ... I'm thinking the "crowds" saw the National Weather Service call for huge windchills and packed it in and went home.  When you were scraping through Darby Woods, Cave and Straightbrook trees ... you (and your bases) were taking one for the team. Way to pack the base! Sounds like a great day.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Denis.N
Harvey44 wrote
Cave and Straightbrook trees ...
Cave glades were not open, what you see in Snow Report is not what you get.

Chatterbox glade is fun but did not last longer then Sunday.
Reply | Threaded
|

RosieSki
In reply to this post by Harvey
My skis and I are good at packing the base and taking one for the team!    With how this year is going, I'll take whatever I can get for tree skiing.