CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Mtn: 12/05/2014

Skiray
This post was updated on .
Looks great. We are going to hit Belleayre on Sunday.. The washout tomorrow is keeping us South.
The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Adk Jeff wrote
Nice whales. Still can't get used to seeing that lift!

How much/what is on the ground in the trees (or was last yesterday)?

Trying to figure out the Gore snow report this am. Weather has been updated (meaning Friday night forecast is gone), it shows 3 inches last 24 hours, but also shows 7 inches last seven days which was the number yesterday.

So wondering if anything accumulated last night or not.  Any one in NC shed some light?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Harvey wrote
Trying to figure out the Gore snow report this am.
How is it possible a mtn can provide such a shitty service
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
skimore wrote
Harvey wrote
Trying to figure out the Gore snow report this am.

Whoa ! Watch out, some on here take complaints as fighting words and get their panties in a bunch.

Harv, a couple inches fell here last night but now it's taking a crap outside. The snow could be put in a 7 Eleven slurpee machine.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
All of the money (extensive) over the years has gone to capital infrastructure and not to improving marketing/communications? Just a guess.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Wasn't trying to start another Gore snow report food fight, just trying to keep my numbers updated.

Snowballs wrote
Harv, a couple inches fell here last night but now it's taking a crap outside. The snow could be put in a 7 Eleven slurpee machine.
LOL Snowballs.

Just talked to Shaman it's dumping in NC at 1000 feet.  NWS went to an all snow forecast about 90 mins ago.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
That looks like a great day, Jeff.

I'm turning into more of a fair weather skier every year. I guess I don't care if there are only two trails as long as the snow is soft and the sky is blue. That's a 180 to say the least from where I was as a kid. I think I have more days wearing a garbage bag (to ski) than anyone! Fortunately, my sense of style has also improved (arguable).

With any luck some cold air finally moves in though. The rain is a little depressing and I'd be nice if the local hills could open some terrain.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Just got in from a trail run on my backyard trails in very sloppy conditions.  Maybe three inches of sloppy wet snow on the ground that'll be a great base when it freezes up.  It was raining / freezing rain while I was out, but it just turned over as of noon to snow here in Saratoga/Wilton.

Harv, your question about how much in the woods at Gore.  I didn't venture off trail but it looked like about a half foot of dense base with another inch or two of soft on top.

ML, yeah if the snow is good, the air is cold and the sky is blue, I'm good with just a few trails, especially this time of year.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Adk Jeff wrote
Just got in from a trail run on my backyard trails in very sloppy conditions.  Maybe three inches of sloppy wet snow on the ground that'll be a great base when it freezes up.  It was raining / freezing rain while I was out, but it just turned over as of noon to snow here in Saratoga/Wilton.

Harv, your question about how much in the woods at Gore.  I didn't venture off trail but it looked like about a half foot of dense base with another inch or two of soft on top.

ML, yeah if the snow is good, the air is cold and the sky is blue, I'm good with just a few trails, especially this time of year.
I was out in the woods today as well. I like the way this is playing out so far. This is a good consolidated base - we could have fairly safe conditions if this keeps up.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.