6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore Mtn, NY: 12/15/13

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Ski Day 7: After the best breakfast sandwich ever Shaman and I arrived at Gore. Snowy, snowing and no wind.

Skiing was great.

Uncas

Russ on Chatiemac

Rippin the sides

Chuck was too fast for me.

EDeO was rockin the summit

View from Uncas

Snoopy Rock

I agreed with others who said the bottom was more fun.  Even after lunch you could find soft snow down the sides and right in front of you.

Normally it's hard to get up for the drive back to the flatlands, but this time I was so pumped, I just cranked the Tom Petty and the Dead and rocked all the way.

Woo hoo!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Mtn, NY: 12/15/13

Sick Bird Rider
Looks like great coverage and tons o' fun. What a great start to your season!

But please, please, tell me that the double-poling telemarker in pic # 4 doesn't have have one of those newfangled "Turtle Shell" Bluetooth outdoor boom-boxes attached to his right ski tip. That would be a sure sign that the end times are nigh.

The things look like this:

Look at the guy's ski.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
"Wait.... What?" "Sorry. Ear buds! "
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Midwinter in December is the dream. Love the skis.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote
But please, please, tell me that the double-poling telemarker in pic # 4 doesn't have have one of those newfangled "Turtle Shell" Bluetooth outdoor boom-boxes attached to his right ski tip. That would be a sure sign that the end times are nigh.
I skied with the gentleman in questions for over an hour and I can assure you there were no appurtenances on his skis.

X... my first time (successfully) skiing rocker on piste.  I am starting to get the hang of it.

It's a compromise worth making if there is untracked to be found.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Harvey wrote
Sick Bird Rider wrote
I skied with the gentleman in questions for over an hour and I can assure you there were no appurtenances on his skis.
That is a relief. But the day is coming....

I met the sales rep for the Turtle Shell products, he hangs one off his belt when he goes hiking, sharing his tunes with the world.

Harvey wrote
X... my first time (successfully) skiing rocker on piste.  I am starting to get the hang of it.

It's a compromise worth making if there is untracked to be found.
Be vewy, vewy, centered.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report