8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore Mtn, NY: 12/28/13

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Ski Day 8 was pretty normal for Christmas Week.  Decent amount of terrain, reasonably decent conditions, pretty crowded, with cars parked down the access road at the end of the day.

As suspected the best snow was on low angle trails. Sunway, Jamboree and Wildair seemed best to us.

Uncas Steep and Carvable

Headwaters

Wild Air rocked

I ran into the longest line I have ever seen on the Dark Side. Maybe ten minutes.

Shout out to Yukon Cornelius, Chuck, Duck and Ellen, MC2 and Ace and I think I saw frk on Tannery...

Anyone else ski Gore today?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Mtn, NY: 12/28/13

snoloco
This post was updated on .
How long was the Gondi line and the Triple line?  Couldn't have been good since Burnt Ridge and the Ski Bowl weren't open yet.  If the line on the Dark Side was 10 minutes then I would think that the Gondola and Triple would be worse.  I don't blame Gore for this.  Weather dictates what happens around here.  I'm sure that if we didn't have that stupid r*in event last weekend that Burnt Ridge and the Ski Bowl would have been open.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter.Hines
Hullabaloo was totally awesome first thing this morning.  It was the best I  have skied it in years.  Mega bumps on Chatimac til the end and there was snow to bite into.

Lines?  What lines?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I'd say the line for the Gondi was five minutes and the triple maybe 2.

The Dark Side thing was a specific issue. Not sure why but they ran it suuuper slow for several minutes it got backed up.

I asked Jim the liftie what was up and he said the lift was fine, there were unloading issues at the top.
Reply | Threaded
|

adkskier
The line on the Dark Side was the same length as it is any holiday week when Wood Out is closed. Making matters worse was that lift ops and ski patrol failed to build a good corral so the line extended far up the trail into the Wood Lot causing issues for skiers approaching from Wood In or skiers who tried to ski last in hopes of escaping via Wood Out.
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Peter.Hines
Peter.Hines wrote
Mega bumps on Chatimac
This view told me they had blown on Chatiemac:

Harvey wrote
 Neve did her second black trail ever on the way down, (Uncas) and it was Zelda's first ski day.  I wasn't feeling it for the group.

RE the DS line: I guess I haven't skied much holiday. I've never seen the line run all the way up the incline on Woodlot or whatever that approach trail is. Plus another line was running out of sight up Wood In.  And I've never seen any chair run that slow, ever.  I can't fathom a guess at speed, but is was slower than a slow walk.
Reply | Threaded
|

poindexter
That Dark Side line was nothing compared to the gondola line today after the Adk Express broke down. I hope they get it going soon. At least the rain drove a lot of people away.
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
I thought showcase was by far the best trail yesterday, wild air had heavy wet snow blown on it and it wasnt groomed.  Thought it was one of the worst trails all day.