classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
ck1
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore: Recommendations

ck1
I know there are a lot of regular Gore skiers who read this blog. Any recommendations on accommodations (reasonably priced and close) and where to ski (I love trees) for a first time visitor coming up this weekeend?

Thanks,
Chris
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore: Recommendations

poindexter
Check out The Gore Mountain Lodge. It is newly opened this year (used to be the Valhaus Motel) and the owners did a great job redecorating the rooms. It's right next to the Gore Access road.
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
This post was updated on .
I was on the gondola with someone who has a no frills B and B in the area and discounted lift tickets who seemed very nice.  I'll have to look for his card when I get home and post the number for you.  Many of the trees may not be in play this weekend.  It's warming up pretty good in upstate NY right now!  

The Little House B and B   607-341-1295  www.thelittlehousebandb.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Fint
In reply to this post by ck1
I haven't stayed there, but it looks like Heads in Beds has the best rates in town.

www.northcreekheadsinbeds.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
In reply to this post by ck1
Black Mountain lodge is offering rooms for $50 a night till the mountain closes for the season. Bar and food on site. Its about 5 minutes from the mountain.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gorefarmhouse
Black mountain!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
 Just stayed the night Black Lodge  room clean, room warms up  boots dry fine on heaters ,direct tv , wifi works, great meal and couple IPA's last night. $50 dollars room,$40 meal  coffee maker in room for am wakeup.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!