Gore has Disappeared! from Warren Miller offers??

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore has Disappeared! from Warren Miller offers??

Big D
This post was updated on .
From the Warren Miller voucher deals - one free lift ticket was offered in the past here in Binghamton NY for Gore... was looking at this years offerings and NO GORE.

Quite disapointed. What we get in Bing. this year is one Sugarbush lift tic, one Windham lift tic, a 2 for 1 lift tic deal for Greek Peak and a discount at Bergers ski shop.

Just wondering if other areas may still get the Gore lift Tic at the Warren Miller showing??
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore has Disappeared! from Warren Miller offers??

fahz
The Rochester show has a Gore ticket
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
  Wow, that sucks, that was one of the highlights of my season last year, getting to ski Gore four times with various vouchers, including the Warren Miller voucher. I was looking forward to at least one trip there this year on WM. How come Rochester gets Gore, but no love for Binghamton? Last I checked, Binghamton is closer to Gore than Rochester. I tried to see if others have the Gore voucher, Syracuse, and Albany don't get Gore either? WTF? I know they're closer than Rochester. Who determines who gets what vouchers? I stopped going to WM movies because we kept getting, Holiday Valley, Bristol, and Swane vouchers in the past. Why the hell would I want to drive to any of these for free when I could ski WF for $35 for the same drive time?

Has anyone heard anything about discounts to other mountains with the new Greek Peak season passes? I took advantage of the $35 WF any time but holidays deal we used to have quite often. I'll miss it if it's gone forever. 3,000 ft of vertical for $35 did not suck. We used to get the same deal at Gore, consequently I used to go there more often than WF. Then for some reason, it changed to a measly $10 discount, enough to pay for the "premier" parking.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
fuck! only huntah listed on the web page  $35 whiteface tix were da bomb
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
gorgonzola wrote
  Well, at least we still get a discount at Huntah, it isn't as much as it was last year, 40% midweek equates to $37.20, it was $28 last year, still not bad, much better to be there midweek anyway. Yeah, it sucks we lost the WF deal, what a sweet deal it was, helped soften the high fuel costs of late. Maybe they'll work something out, I hope so. $64 for a day pass to Greek, that's absurd, they might see more day pass sales if it were in the $50 range, a more appropriate fee for Greek IMHO. At least they should offer a cheaper midweek price.

I've got to get my brother to pick up some sticks, he got a sweet deal on some hardly used boots last year. If he has skis, I can take him up to Greek nights for $27 with my discount, not a bad deal.  I'll have to take him to Greek for the swap meets. Hey, he's gonna be retired soon, he'll need some hobbies, and I could use some help paying for my trips.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Cornhead wrote
$64 for a day pass to Greek, that's absurd
+1
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote

Wasn't on the site last year either.

I'm pretty sure the deal is still on. From what I recall that is a ISKINY deal, nothing really between GP and WF/Gore.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
campgottagopee wrote
gorgonzola wrote

Wasn't on the site last year either.

I'm pretty sure the deal is still on. From what I recall that is a ISKINY deal, nothing really between GP and WF/Gore.
you made my Monday  let's hope so
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
Cornhead wrote
+1

I agree, but in our area both Song and Lab are around $50, for my $14 I think GP has a lot more terrain to chose from.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
campgottagopee wrote
skimore wrote
Cornhead wrote
+1

I agree, but in our area both Song and Lab are around $50, for my $14 I think GP has a lot more terrain to chose from.
 But it's a hard sell for anyone coming from the north to drive by those other places for $16 less

More yes, but you'd be surprised what you can find at Song

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
skimore wrote
campgottagopee wrote
skimore wrote
Cornhead wrote
+1

But it's a hard sell for anyone coming from the north to drive by those other places for $16 less

More yes, but you'd be surprised what you can find at Song

I hear ya, just putting it our there for those buying day tix.

Reply | Threaded
|

Vinski
Was told today at GP that customers showing a valid current ski club membership card can purchase a lift ticket any day for $49... seniors can ski on Wednesdays (only) for $39.
Reply | Threaded
|

BenedictGomez
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
I'm two months late to this party, but the NYC show this Saturday night supposedly has a Gore ticket (it did last year too),
as well as a M-F Sugarbush ticket
as well as a Jiminy Peak ticket (no word what that is, but it was BOGO last year)
as well as a Belleayre ticket (no word on that either, new this year).

Four tix of some stripe all for the $22 admission.  Not bad!

The caveat is assuming the promotor comes through with the above.  A few years ago he offered a lift ticket to......I forget.....Jay or Smuggs I think, and it wasnt delivered.  Last year it was legit though.
Can we get SOME snow?  Please?