Gore next week

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore next week

TomCat
I spoke with the mountain (that sounds weird) this morning and was told they plan on making the call for next week's operations Saturday afternoon.

tom
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore next week

YUKON CORNELIUS
If I had to guess, they will be closed M-TH (at least).
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
+1 to DS's comments.  

I think someone else had posted on another thread(conditions?) open this week, through the weekend, closed weekdays next week and possibly open next weekend.  

Mother Nature calling the shots as she always does!
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by TomCat
TomCat wrote
I spoke with the mountain (that sounds weird) this morning and was told they plan on making the call for next week's operations Saturday afternoon.

tom
As long as the mountain didn't speak back to you, all is good. Like talking to God.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowhunter
I'm about 25 miles south of Gore.  Today was supposed to be 57, we barely hit 45.  In my experience that has been good for the mountain.  On the other hand it poured for a few hours today and that could hurt.  I'm going to be there first thing in the morning and I'm praying for good.  I'll go Sunday because I think it might be the last day...if I'm wrong that's a good thing.
Reply | Threaded
|

skisheep
Looks like gore is closing mon-wed next week, reopening thurs-sun.
ORDA and New England Passholder. If it's fast, it's probably fun.
2014-2015 season days
Whiteface: 2
Sunday River: 4
Loon: 2
Hunter: 1
Belleayre: 1
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Had a truly awesome weekend, Saturday at Plattekill, Sunday at Elk. Considering Whiteface, or Gore this weekend, or both. If it stays this warm, maybe I'll camp instead of getting a hotel room.
Reply | Threaded
|

CUontheslopes131
Argh. I'm supposed to ski Gore March 31 - April 1. Anyone with odds on whether they'll be open still...? Hoping even for some upload/download skiing...
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
CUontheslopes131 wrote
Argh. I'm supposed to ski Gore March 31 - April 1. Anyone with odds on whether they'll be open still...? Hoping even for some upload/download skiing...
Not gonna happen.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
They posted an update on the site today.  Sunday (the 25th) is closing day.  We will be there Saturday and Sunday.  Hope there is some snow.