Gore or Whiteface 3/31/11???

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore or Whiteface 3/31/11???

Snowhunter
I'm most likely going to hit the slopes tomorrow and I can't decide between Gore or Whiteface.  I've been looking at the conditions and the weather and they both look like tomorrow should be a good day.  I love both mountains.

Gore:
Closer to home, easier to take last minute trips over there.
Skied Gore last Thursday and had a blast, it was as great conditions.

Whiteface:
I've been there twice this year and had great conditions both times.
It's a favorite of mine that I don't get to go there often but I can go tomorrow.

The plan was Whiteface until I heard that Gore might cease mid-week ops next week.  Then I figured Gore this week and Whiteface next week.  Now I hear that it's not true that Gore will only be open on weekends after this week.  As of last check the weather isn't looking great at either mountain next week.  So now I'm back to not knowing what to do.

I'm not complaining....I'm going to ski and that's great!  I just want to make it the best day possible.  

Thoughts anyone???   Thanks.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore or Whiteface 3/31/11???

Denis.N
Go to Whiteface, hit the Slides. Less likely to rain.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Go to Gore! Better conditions throughout the mountain (trust me, I know!) and a  closer drive!
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowhunter
In reply to this post by Snowhunter
Well indecision is a terrible thing but I can live with this type of dilemma.  I really want to hit Whiteface but the reports seem to be calling for a better chance of rain there than at Gore.  Only 3 lifts opening at Gore to day annoys me but I'm heading out to Gore.  Not such a long drive home if the weather turns lousy and I have to cut the day short.

Have a great day everyone, I'm off to Gore!!!  :-D
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I think you might have that backwards? Looks to me like a better chance for all snow at Whiteface.  (Plus today is the ladies salmon picinic at the WF midstation!) But at the beginning of the storm, warmer temps might be better? Or maybe ski tomorrow.  I'm sure you'll have a good one. Let us know how it turns out.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

SnowflakeADK
I skied at Gore yesterday and it was fantastic. You should have a great day. :o) Enjoy it and let us know how it was. I like to live vicariously through others when work gets in the way of skiing. lol
Hoping to get back there on Sunday.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowhunter
I was skiing so of course it was a good day!  

I'm not sure if I made the right choice but I had a good time while I was there.  With the North Side and Burnt Ridge closed I actually got a little bored today (I like going all over the place and planning out zig zag runs all over the mountain).  See my full report on the trip reports page.

I know what you mean about living vicariously through the trips of others, I've done if for years!  Have fun on Sunday!

Now should I head over to Stratton tomorrow????  ($15 lift tickets!)  Hmmmmmm......................
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Mad River Glen has $12.50 tickets tomorrow.. IF you act like a fool in their ticket office!
Reply | Threaded
|

Denis.N
fujative wrote
IF you act like a fool in their ticket office!
They better have video camera in that place
Reply | Threaded
|

freshyslayer
the slides were open that day in the afternoon