I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore or Whiteface Saturday?

poindexter
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
I thought this weekend at Gore was pretty good. The conditions on Burnt Ridge, and especially on Echo, were great. Showcase was pretty bad, as was the top of Lies, but everything else seemed to be in good shape. I'm really missing the glades and Topridge though.
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
Sagamore was great all weekend and today, so was Echo but the neverending race on twister made it hard to do echo more than a few times.
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
I disagree that Sagamore was great.  It was OK at best Saturday afternoon.  It is so sad to pass by all the closed glade entrances on that trail.  Go back to Dec 27-31 2012 and I'll show you what great is.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
evergreen wrote
I disagree that Sagamore was great.  
That's why the condition updates of great, awesome and such are useless. Post a picture or at least a description of the skiing surface

Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
vrrump, vrrump.  every turn on mac and sky was vrrump!  how's that for a picture?  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
I skied Gore yesterday and today and skied WF on Saturday...No contest, WF wins.  There really was no better trail than Mackenzie...as good as sky was, the continuous powder runs on Mac ruled...As for Gore, if the straightbrook issue isn't fixed soon, I'll be doing most of my skiing at WF...I'll be there Friday and make my weekend decision then...FYI, I'll be doing a Wine Tasting at the Liquor and Wine Warehouse in Plattsburgh after skiing...was I allowed to do that Harv?

Now Gore to me this weekend was a bit boring but I did find a nice bump line on the skiers left on Sagamore and just lapped that for a couple hours yesterday...It was a bit better today with a nice fresh layer but that wind was nuts today.  Rumor and Chatie looked great from a distance...would have loved to ski both.  The woods are skiable in places and one in particular was fantastic yesterday and today (much better today as the snow was blowing in).
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
sudsnbumps wrote
I'll be doing most of my skiing at WF...I'll be there Friday and make my weekend decision then...FYI, I'll be doing a Wine Tasting at the Liquor and Wine Warehouse in Plattsburgh after skiing...was I allowed to do that Harv?
Allowed to do what ?  we do encourage drinking after skiing round here

I take that to mean are you allowed to promote a biz activity so I take it you are a wine rep - I love me some wine too.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Coach Z wrote
sudsnbumps wrote
I'll be doing most of my skiing at WF...I'll be there Friday and make my weekend decision then...FYI, I'll be doing a Wine Tasting at the Liquor and Wine Warehouse in Plattsburgh after skiing...was I allowed to do that Harv?
Allowed to do what ?  we do encourage drinking after skiing round here

I take that to mean are you allowed to promote a biz activity so I take it you are a wine rep - I love me some wine too.
Thanks for explaining this to me Coach I was clueless.

To have a great time you only need one trail with good conditions, assuming it's not crowded.  At least that is true for me.

If the are blowing on anything really, and it's cold, I'll ski it and have a blast.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote
 I won't swear to it, but today may have been the best conditions I've ever skied on Upper Mackenzie!
On a bunch of man made.......c'mon now
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
Who was the guy poaching upper darby on Monday?
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by skimore
Well, nobody really cares about the 3 feet of Fake Effect that happened to blow into a drainage ditch in some cornfield in Oswego County that you're always bloviating about. I'll take a foot plus of manmade on Upper Mac over that silliness any day.
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
On a bunch of man made.......c'mon now
Obviously someone who has never skied on a bunch of man made at whiteface
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Pants wrote
I have, just hard to believe that was his best day
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
skimore wrote
Pants wrote
I have, just hard to believe that was his best day
I'm not sure why that's so hard to believe ...

Unfortunately, I don't have the option of picking and choosing the days I ski, so I haven't often had the good fortune of being at the mountain on a "powder day".

With the extremely cold temperatures last week, the snow they made on Upper Mac was extremely light and dry, so yes ... for me, that was definitely one of, if not the best day I've had on Upper Mac.
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
aint nothing like a little chocolate after lunch!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Face4Me
I think we've lost when we have to quantify how good our day was by saying one particular trail was good.

What's next? The lower part of mountain run, skier's right, between poles 4 and 5 were the best two turns in my life!

The thing about great ski days is that they're pretty great no matter where you go. It's not that I can't have fun on one trail with a few guns, but I get pretty bored lapping the same trail over and over.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I have a repetitive nature, so I never get bored.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Skidds
Lack of terrain can sap my enthusiasm, especially in marginal conditions.  To combat potential boredom at WF on MLK day I took a 2 hr "class" lesson in the afternoon.  I legitimately consider myself an expert, but at some 30 years of honing my skills since my last lesson I figured I could use a few pointers.  Being as I seemed to be the only student that afternoon I had a great 2 hr private with Bill.  Made for a very fun and interesting afternoon.  I've always wanted to carve rails a little better, and he gave me some insights that will help me do that.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
Well, nobody really cares about the 3 feet of Fake Effect that happened to blow into a drainage ditch in some cornfield in Oswego County that you're always bloviating about. I'll take a foot plus of manmade on Upper Mac over that silliness any day.
That's why I go to Lewis County.........the ditches are bigger