Gore season pass / M.A.X. Pass

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore season pass / M.A.X. Pass

Petronio
Gore adult unrestricted SKI3 season pass is $759 (until 8/11).  M.A.X. Pass add-on is $329.  Since we will be doing weekends and holidays at Gore, the MAX Pass (either alone or as an add-on) doesn't make sense for us.  But I can see the $679 MAX Pass making a lot of sense for frequent NY-area skiers without a home mountain.  Anyone here doing it?

https://www.themaxpass.com/

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore season pass / M.A.X. Pass

Brownski
I'm thinking real hard about getting the stand alone, one each for me and junior, maybe the 10 yr old as well. It's a lot if skiing for the money, makes a lot of sense for the EC.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
I've had a Gore pass for a few years, but I got a Maxpass for next year.  it works for me because I split my season between Upstate NY and Colorado, and my son has a Rocky Mountain Super Pass, which has the Colorado Maxpass mountains.

After January 1 I'll qualify for a Gore senior pass, so maybe I'll get that if I burn through all my Gore/ Whiteface tickets.

I hope the Intrawest sale to KSL doesn't bust the Maxpass next year.  

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Petronio
I dropped my Gore/Whiteface pass after 15 (ish) years straight (?). Our family of 4 is branching out and doing MAX pass only. We're at the point where the kids can ski other places and we're looking forward to trying new mountains and taking some trips. For me, and maybe this will change with Bone in charge, there's a certain frustration with Gore managerial decisions in regards to the mountain and how its run, where snow is blown, what is open/not open, etc. I may just be too close to it and need a break or I could be in one too many circles of jaded locals. Either way, we'll still get days at Gore and Whiteface, but also check out and enjoy plenty of other mountains. I see a trip to Tremblant and Big Sky on the horizon this season.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I did it last season and got good use from it - 17 days as it set up perfectly for where my son would be racing. I won't be doing it this year as it does not  fit his schedule.  I also got to Mt Bachelor which I'd highly recommend for a spring trip.  

Just a note that every Mt is different on how it works with max.  Some are direct to lift.  Others you need to go to any sales point.  Others require you to go to a specific office or sales counter.  My advice is find out ahead of your visit.  You could end up at a base area and find out that they only redeem max at a different base lodge - it happened to me more than once.  Usually you also have to go back each morning as the system won't allow multi day redemptions nor the afternoon or night before like with other lift tix purchases.  There software I'm told is a bit sketchy and slow and doesn't mesh well with all lift ticket systems.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
I dropped my Gore/Whiteface pass after 15 (ish) years straight (?)... branching out and doing MAX pass only.
Same.

Looking forward to early and late season at Killington, 5 days at Gore, 5 days at WF, Sunday trips to Stratton or Okemo or Pico, a trip to Maine to return to Sugarloaf, going out to Created Butte to see a buddy, and an epic Kicking Horse/Fernie Trip sometime in March.

Will be a fun year of branching out.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
MC2 5678F589 wrote
an epic Kicking Horse/Fernie Trip sometime in March.
Let me know before you do that.  I know someone who lives in Fernie and lived in Golden.  I can ask him for intel.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
The Max is pretty much a no brainer if you can travel just a little. Ten days in SLC, five in Big Sky, and don't forget Steamboat. I'm hitting Maine this year for the first time. If only there was a Maxpass for hotels.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
Benny Profane wrote
The Max is pretty much a no brainer if you can travel just a little. Ten days in SLC, five in Big Sky, and don't forget Steamboat. I'm hitting Maine this year for the first time. If only there was a Maxpass for hotels.
Sometime I wish there was a MaxPass for life.

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
For future reference, the MAX Pass prices went up $50 on 10/10/17 for the 2017-18 season.  Now $729 for adults but still a decent deal for someone who can get in 12+ days, especially if planning a ski vacation to Big Sky or Steamboat or Crested Butte for 5 days of skiing. Or any one of the northeast locations where it's hard to find a lift ticket for <$90/day.

The Add-on price,teen and youth prices went up $50 too.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
 Got the max pass this year also,got tired of PA skiing. My son has been very bored sitting around at ski races at Pocono ski areas when he could  free sking all overthe East  Only lift tickets I am gonna buy this year is when we hit Platty .
   Looking for a rental near the Lake George area if any one knows of any for the season. Gonna buy a place in the Southern ADKs n the near future. Looked at two places near Warrensburg to buy last weekend but did not like them.

Maxx pass is a good fit also since I have been going to Tremblant for a trip the last few seasons
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Max passes arrived in the mail yesterday. Went with the stand Alones
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Brownski wrote
Max passes arrived in the mail yesterday. Went with the stand Alones
Me too! I also got the stand alone. Already used points to book a flight to Colorado first week in February. I've never done Crested Butte or Steamboat, so I'm hoping to hit both.

Then, if the budget allows, I'd love to get to Fernie and Kicking Horse in March.
Reply | Threaded
|

fahz
Stand alone for myself and the girls.  Scheduled a trip to CO - Eldora & Winter Park for 6 days over Feb break.  I live in Albany area so 8 mountains in day trip range with no  restrictions seemed like a no brainer.  Most I've spent on ski passes to date for the three of us.
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter