Gore to stay open through Easter? 4/24

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore to stay open through Easter? 4/24

YUKON CORNELIUS
From the PostStar Online Addition: "there is still plenty of snow on the trails despite temperatures approaching 50 degrees Sunday, April 4, 2011. Manager Mike Pratt said Gore Mountain will be open on weekends through Easter."

PostStar.com: Spring Skiing
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore to stay open through Easter? 4/24

Denis.N
Yesterday at the lodge Centerplate was advertizing "Sunday Breakfast Buffet" to be served on April 10, 17, and 24.
Reply | Threaded
|

Denis.N
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
Kids in most NJ school districts (as in most) have spring recess week before Easter. We planned to ski weekend of April 16, 17 and visit Nation's Capital at the end of the week. It looks like there a good chance will not be much to do in Washington, so skiing on Easter weekend would be really welcomed.
Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
Amen. We've basically abandoned even our humble "Chreaster" leanings. Last year we headed up for the sunrise service and then a run down the WROD and waffle breakfast in the lodge. It was a nice way to spend Easter morning as a family and was hoping to make it a new tradition. Looks like we'll pull it off again this year, though I was doubtful with the holiday coming so late!
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
We skied on Easter weekend last year, but Easter comes 3 weeks later this year.  The late season snowpack this year is amazing, with the woods still skiing great as of last weekend.  But is it enough to last until the weekend of April 22-24, on par with Gore's latest ever?  WF is already calling April 15-17 "one last weekend," and I don't ever remember a season where Gore stayed open later than WF.  The Post Star made Easter weekend sound like a real possibility, and I haven't heard Gore back off that possibility yet, but personally, I don't think Gore will make it to Easter.  I don't think this forum supports polls, so maybe just chime in below as to whether or not you think Gore will make it to the weekend of April 22-24?

Gore, April 2 LAST YEAR:
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Adk Jeff wrote
The Post Star made Easter weekend sound like a real possibility...
My guess is that is probably accurate - meaning it was the Post Star who made it sound that way - would have liked to hear the exact quote.  

I'd also be surprised to see Gore go beyond Whiteface.

I guess they could do Easter services and brunch without actually skiing.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Hark!!! I can hear something.......Ah yes, the Fat Lady is warming up. Come get it this weekend, cause this is it!
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

70s Gore Kid
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Syracuse, NY
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
Just got this e-mail from Gore:

"It’s been such a great season and it’s still going- join us for our last weekend this Friday-Sunday, April 15-17!"

Cue the fat lady.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Damn.
I would have enjoyed another day of (lift accessed) skiing this year.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
For those hitting the slopes this weekend, Fri looks chilly but good.  The rest of the weekend, not so much.  Call ahead if you're thinking about Sunday, I could see Gore / WF calling it a season at the end of the day Saturday.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 45. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 18. East wind between 8 and 14 mph.

Saturday: A chance of rain, mainly after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. Windy, with a south wind 17 to 20 mph increasing to between 27 and 30 mph. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Saturday Night: Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 37. Windy, with a south wind between 31 and 34 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.

Sunday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by tBatt
Fuj, Marcy will be skiable over Easter weekend.  Good way to end your season since you started it with earned turns on WF.
Reply | Threaded
|

Denis.N
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Adk Jeff wrote
Call ahead if you're thinking about Sunday, I could see Gore / WF calling it a season at the end of the day Saturday.
I am skiing on Sunday, so Gore better be open.
Anyone wants to say hello look for a big dude in a white helmet, if you don't - I don't blame ya.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
There still is...

http://www.mountwashingtonavalanchecenter.org/
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
sudsnbumps wrote
There still is...
+1
Reply | Threaded
|

radam
Long time (well, not that long..) lurker here.  I usually post over on TGR but figured I'd join up here since it's a little more local feeling.  

I'm planning to hit Gore tomorrow, driving up form Saratoga.  Who else is planning to be there?  Would love to link up for a few runs and close out the season properly.