Greek Peak 1/19/13

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Greek Peak 1/19/13

Powderqueen
Sunny warm day. Greek Peak was greatly improved since the thaw. I forgot my phone/camera so no pix. It all skied well. Nothing phenomenal...just good skiing on mostly man-made snow. No lift lines, but a steady flow of people. The main lot was brimming but not completely full. I parked at Chair 5, slopeside. Light crowd there. Some minor tailgating. We need a dump. Some snow showers tomorrow. If it snows enough I'll go back out.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greek Peak 1/19/13

campgottagopee
Ditto for Sunday. Nothing special except for good groomer skiing, twas firm and fast. LE gonna crank up tonite and for the rest of the week----conditions should improve as the week goes on.

Did have a Cornhead sighting.
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
Today (Monday, MLK day) it was even harder and faster and much colder. Pretty boring skiing actually, though it was snowing all day, not much was accumulating. They had guns going here n there. When the best thing is one gun blowing soft snow on Trojan, you know it's pretty weak. Looking forward to a good snowstorm (fingers crossed) and a weekend at Gore. Even groomers at Gore would be a big improvement over what we've been skiing here.

Was very quiet there today. I heard that yesterday was brutally windy. Glad I skipped it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by campgottagopee

campgottagopee wrote
Yep, Greek's where you'll find me every weekend, unless you find me somewhere else. Headed over to chair 5 after I saw you at Orion's. Fired up the grill for some burgers and dogs. Murph and TJ?, used to be an employee, got a young boy and girl, sure you know him Camp, stopped by for some grub. Yeah, it was an O.K. weekend at Greek, hope they get some LE. Heading up Thursday with my Son and Big D. They updated the forecast from a high of 17° to one of 9°, brrrr. At least the sun is supposed to make an appearance. I was going to go to Elk Friday for their last Winterfest day, but my Son is off Thursday, and hoping for some LES.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Cornhead wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Yep, Greek's where you'll find me every weekend, unless you find me somewhere else. Headed over to chair 5 after I saw you at Orion's. Fired up the grill for some burgers and dogs. Murph and TJ?, used to be an employee, got a young boy and girl, sure you know him Camp, stopped by for some grub. Yeah, it was an O.K. weekend at Greek, hope they get some LE. Heading up Thursday with my Son and Big D. They updated the forecast from a high of 17° to one of 9°, brrrr. At least the sun is supposed to make an appearance. I was going to go to Elk Friday for their last Winterfest day, but my Son is off Thursday, and hoping for some LES.
That's JC, TJ is that wackoo from WF

yesterday was MUCHO better, more along of what you would expect GP to ski like. Ronnies wasn't quite ready but me thinks by the weekend it sould be in play.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
In reply to this post by Powderqueen
Powderqueen wrote
Today (Monday, MLK day) it was even harder and faster and much colder. Pretty boring skiing actually, though it was snowing all day, not much was accumulating. They had guns going here n there. When the best thing is one gun blowing soft snow on Trojan, you know it's pretty weak. Looking forward to a good snowstorm (fingers crossed) and a weekend at Gore. Even groomers at Gore would be a big improvement over what we've been skiing here.

Was very quiet there today. I heard that yesterday was brutally windy. Glad I skipped it.
I was there Sat and Sun.  Wind wasnt' really that bad Sunday -- it was weird - blowing like crazy near the base/lodge, but really not bad on the  mtn.  Iliad and Fields were both decent, as was ch 5.  

Was there without the wife and kids Sat and took the opportunity to ski for a few hours then bust out my snowboard to see if I could remember how to ride.  Did 5 runs down Mars - fun, but never going to replace skiing for me.