Greek Peak 12/15/13

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Greek Peak 12/15/13

Powderqueen
Even though I am totally sore, I had to take advantage of the new snow and get out to Greek Peak early.

Nearly everything was open and skiing quite well.

Olympian still had a little fresh when we got to it, but it was starting to ski down to dirt. Same for all the glades.

The new Hercules Glade was pretty sweet. We did 3 laps there but found it getting rocky with traffic.

Chair 5 didn't open while I was there. Don't know if they got the connector opened, as I left after half a day and took the pups on a backcountry tour until 5pm.

They were testing out the new quad. Can't wait to ride it.

My legs are so sore and I can hardly move. Getting up off the recliner is a major chore. I need a week to recover before I head up to Gore next weekend.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greek Peak 12/15/13

campgottagopee
Powderqueen wrote

Nearly everything was open and skiing quite well.

Good to hear

Powderqueen wrote

The new Hercules Glade was pretty sweet. We did 3 laps there but found it getting rocky with traffic.

That's always been nice in there. I'm kinda not glad they put that on the map (selfishly of course), but I get why they did it and I'm glad they cut it right. IMO, all of Herc would've benn better left gladed as I think it would hold the snow better. To me Herc is just kinda blah, I actually like Zues better.
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
Herc Glade is now called Labrynth. It is so much better now than it was...seriously. It's the best thing going at Greek Peak right now. There are a lot more lines to ski in there. It is much more open, but plenty interesting. There were some wet spots and thin in places, but overall, it's a pretty sweet glade and makes that lift ride up chair 4 more worthwhile.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
 Herc is just kinda blah, I actually like Zues better.
I'd agree unless herc is bumped up nicely which has been rare the last few years. the lift towers and topography of the little knoll and ravine make for some interesting line selection on zues. the other pitch I like a lot is the funky fall line with the water bar skiers right at the bottom of chair 5,
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Powderqueen
Now that IS good news --- thanks for the intel PDQ, I'm excited to check it out tomorrow.

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by Powderqueen
Powderqueen wrote
Herc Glade is now called Labrynth. It is so much better now than it was...seriously. It's the best thing going at Greek Peak right now. There are a lot more lines to ski in there. It is much more open, but plenty interesting. There were some wet spots and thin in places, but overall, it's a pretty sweet glade and makes that lift ride up chair 4 more worthwhile.
can't wait to check it out!
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Does anyone remember the lean to tee-pee that used to be in there? Great spot for a safety meeting.
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
Powderqueen wrote
can't wait to check it out!
AcidChrist said it was skiing well today. It got a little more snow.