Greek Peak Conditions (2011-2012)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
37 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

pro2860

Greek took it on the chin once again....conditions much worse than my last time skiing this past sunday....last year we were skiing this trail! (Although someone found it irrestible recently)
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
ouch  i guess that seals the deal for me this weekend, skiing some peeyay slush. oh well bumps should be fun .the radar looked like maybe you guys were on the edge of the blue blob but i guess not. anybody know if its looking any better in the 'skils?
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Obviously the "open" trails were much better than that pic but lots of ice patches....it was actually snowing for the first hour and a half I was there and the skiing was improving until it changed over to sleet and rain...did a half dozen runs on the snail then headed to chair 4...had to go all the way to alpha chair to get there and the plan was to work over to chair 5 when I found out the only way to ski 5 was via the parking lot there! No way to go back and forth... they are working on it....Didn't feel like doing that so lapped Trojan a few times (I was the only person on the lift) then headed back to 1a....We need snow bad!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
this is starting to get a little depressing - this is one of two free weekends til after st patty''s day that i was hoping to chill up at greek or do a little storm chasing. instead it looks like i'll be painting trim or some sh!t....
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Conditions are much improved since Thursday...Sunday was nice and very carvable early on until 11 or so...I guess after that you had to watch for icy areas that had been scraped off...still much better than expected!

We got 3" new snow last night which made for some fun first thing this morning! I only skied for a couple of hours (about all I can stand riding chair 1a).  The guns were blazing on Elysian Fields and Trojan where we really need it! I think conditions should hold and be good for the weekend and superbowl party!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
pro2860 wrote
  I think conditions should hold and be good for the weekend and superbowl party!
Oh, yeah, it's gonna B a party!!!!

Free entertainment this year folks
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Must be pretty darn good today, Pro got it 23 laps!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by pro2860
<quote author="pro2860">

/quote>

THIS will look totally diff today...with 10" of fresh today will be great at GP...I know Pro is gonna hit it early

Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
I have skiied for 6 days straight and conditions are the best they have been all year!  Hopefully we don't get any rain when it warms up later this week...
Reply | Threaded
|

snowmonkey
Not too bad out there today!  I went out yesterday and conditions were not that great.  Crusty and icy.  They must have groomed overnight, though, as there was a nice layer of loose stuff over it and all the crusties had been smoothed out.  

Those snow squalls that came through this afternoon were fun, and dumped a nice thick layer of snow on all the hardpack to freshen things up.  I had to stop 3x coming down Illiad to wipe off my goggles so I could see!  It was nice to see so many people out there, finally.  I like having the place to myself, but hopefully they're making some money off this weekend and upcoming week.  
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
yea friday was so so, variable conditions at their finest! run of the day was mars in the late morning/afternoon - butter cream frosting, but don't tell the folks on the shuttle (wink wink)! was nice to get a few runs with ya pro! didn't see ch but i think mrs snowbunski and i rode the shuttle with ya snowmmonkey? telechick headed back to 5 late friday?

saturday was fun, 8 am passholders opening dusted with a kote of fresh the first few hours made for some high speed carving fun - jr and i got some sick a$$ speed runs down odyssey to the point of scary fast. grooming was the best ive ever seen  from greek - sooooo smooooooooth. squall/sun/squall/beer/sun/squall and mild temps made for a very enjoyable day and the nastar course was fun as always. legs were toas by 3:30 so headed out just as a big wet squall moved in. after a few runs back at blue today, the weekend reminds me just how fun greek can be , hope to get up again soon
Reply | Threaded
|

snowmonkey
Oh, hey, YES, that was me on the shuttle! It was nice to get to meet you & Mrs. Snowbunski! Next time you guys are back in town, I'll have to put in a few runs with you.  I did look around for you Sat & Sun, but didn't happen to see you anywhere.  I was out kind of late afternoon both days.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Hey Gorgonzola, sorry I missed you at Orions sat night....ended up heading out to Lake Como instead....one of our great local redneck joints
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
maybe next time, we never went back in saturday afternoon anyways - a quick de-booting beer on the tailgate and ended up hitting the road around 4ish. hopefully conditons will hold out/improve for another trip up soon
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
yea friday was so so, variable conditions at their finest! run of the day was mars in the late morning/afternoon - butter cream frosting, but don't tell the folks on the shuttle (wink wink)! was nice to get a few runs with ya pro! didn't see ch but i think mrs snowbunski and i rode the shuttle with ya snowmmonkey? telechick headed back to 5 late friday?

saturday was fun, 8 am passholders opening dusted with a kote of fresh the first few hours made for some high speed carving fun - jr and i got some sick a$$ speed runs down odyssey to the point of scary fast. grooming was the best ive ever seen  from greek - sooooo smooooooooth. squall/sun/squall/beer/sun/squall and mild temps made for a very enjoyable day and the nastar course was fun as always. legs were toas by 3:30 so headed out just as a big wet squall moved in. after a few runs back at blue today, the weekend reminds me just how fun greek can be , hope to get up again soon
Thanks...it was fun meeting the family and making some turns with you...your son really RIPS!!!

Augie and I went Sat. around 1 but never crossed paths with you. I hope to see you guys again soon!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions Sunday 2/26/12

Gunny J
  Greek was great today  alittle fresh snow left over from prev storm Groomers in great shape , natural trails and glades open with limited cover but skied great!
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions Sunday 2/26/12

campgottagopee
Good for you Gunny.

I found out  Ronnies was open and NONE of our crew skied it!!!!  WTF??? They know damn well if I was skiing we would've skied that thing off be4 moving on....I let them know what a bunch of wussy pants they are too