Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Greek Peak Sneak Peek

Cornhead

The new bar

Gas fireplace

Pizza bar

New windows and doors overlooking the hill. It will be nice to have direct access to, and from, the bar when the deck is built.

The base of the new lift

Liftie shack at the terminus.

It is nice to see some developement on the hill side after years of neglect. There were 19" tube TV's in Orion's until just a couple years ago. When they did finally get flatscreens, they were placed awkwardly for viewing. Personally, it'll be great if I can go to the hill Sunday mornings, stay to watch football, if the game is a dud, walk out the door and ski instead.

Sorry, no pics of Illiad, it wasn't terrible considering the recent rain. Lots of death cookies on the groomed half. After an hour or so, many people were opting to ski the closed half. Here the rain actually helped by providing a firm base for the fresh on top. Even saw a few people poaching Odyssey, waterbars were the only hazard.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greek Peak Sneak Peek

Big D
Saw the TV news segment on Fox40 news out of Binghamton, covering opening day. The news girl stated, "Greek Peak has the only Quad chairlift in New York State"... Ha Ha

Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
All the more reason to hold off on skiing until mid december ----- who the heck wants to ski until the bar is open
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Anyone know why they weren't running those two yellow fan guns yesterday? I thought they were pretty new, and relatively high capacity. Broken? Or not enough water to run those plus all the other guns they had going?

As other have said, the place is looking great. Very alive feeling at GP yesterday.

Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Just wanted to say that, on the Fri. 11/29 opening day, all the "New Greek Peak" employees we came into contact with where, very friendly, had positive attitudes, and where upbeat in dealing with us customers.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
In reply to this post by billyymc
billyymc wrote
Anyone know why they weren't running those two yellow fan guns yesterday? I thought they were pretty new, and relatively high capacity. Broken? Or not enough water to run those plus all the other guns they had going?

As other have said, the place is looking great. Very alive feeling at GP yesterday.
I do not think those 2 yellow fan guns are broken - they were used a lot last year. If I am allowed to guess and speculate - I think that the new pump house building is not yet 100% completed or yet operational at full capacity. I'm thinking there are additional main control electrical systems and pumps/compressors to be hooked up. I base this on a photo that showed the owners pulling the lever to fire up the pumping system and I thought it looked not 100% yet completed... just a guess.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Big D
Big D wrote
Just wanted to say that, on the Fri. 11/29 opening day, all the "New Greek Peak" employees we came into contact with where, very friendly, had positive attitudes, and where upbeat in dealing with us customers.

GOOD DEAL!!

Nice to hear that the new attitude of the new owners is trickling down to the employees. I firmly believe that in a customer service biz you wont have happy customers unless you have happy employees. You know, a fish stinks from the head down. I've had a few conversations w/ a couple mngrs there, and raising the level of customer service is a major priority at GP this year.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
 looking good! Keep us posted - might have to make sure I head up for trax-O's opening party
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
This post was updated on .
Skied Greek again on Sun. 12/1. Noticed 2 new polecat fan guns. One is tower mounted and is located down at the beginer slope and the other one is a "Super Pole Cat" which is HUGE in size and is portable and mounted on wheels. Also of course they have those 8 Low E Sno Guns they won in that contest and most of those are mounted on slides and are portable. Now the not so good news... from my observations they can only still operate only so many snowmakers at one time... I'm thinking that they are limited in the amount of water that the DEC will allow them to pump out of Gridley creek... Maybe something like 2,000 Gallons per minute, probably enough to feed 22 or so snowmakers at once.

A pic of the tower mounted pole cat. Couldn't get a pic of the Super Pole Cat as my cameras batteries went dead.