Greek Peak opening delayed a week...thinking about Belleayre

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Greek Peak opening delayed a week...thinking about Belleayre

Powderqueen
Anyone have any prognostications on Belleayre for Sunday? Would it be worth a 3 hour drive for an afternoon of turns? Any idea on what they would charge for a lift ticket for the WROD?

Desperate times....
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greek Peak opening delayed a week...thinking about Belleayre

JasonWx
Bell will prob be only open to the mid station of the triple..that means around 4-500 vertical..in my opinion  not worth it.

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greek Peak opening delayed...thinking about Belleayre

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Powderqueen
Published ticket price for early season is $44.  I have a feeling it would be lower, but can't find anything on the website.

I'd think that Sunday would be the day to ski. One more day of snowmaking and right now Saturday night looks cold.

I wouldn't be surprised if Belleayre, Hunter and Windham deliver more terrain than they are promising.

EDIT: From Bell's facebook:

It's official! The lifts start turning Saturday the 10th and Belleayre will officially open the 2011-2012 skiing and riding season as of this weekend! Early season rates will be in effect and midweek season passes will be honored this weekend. See you Saturday!

And from this AMs Belleayre conditions email:

"We hope to have at least one trail open in the Upper and *Lower *areas with potential for opening several others over the weekend."

It is odd that the website is the last thing to get updated.  I suspect it's because it's probably easier to update FB than the site.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Hunter might surprise..Bell won't
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
My Sunday is booked due to a pesky relative coming to visit..so I have no choice but to go Saturday. Sucks cuz Saturday night looks like a picture perfect snowmaking night..

And PowderQueen..I'm driving 2.5 hours for anything i can get..desperate times indeed!
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
JasonWx wrote
Hunter might surprise..Bell won't

I agree with this. Still, Hunter is making me nervous with the talk of downloading on Saturday. If I can't play gaper slalom The Battery I'm a little less enthusiastic about going.

Belleayre is talking about being open from the top, skiing on Onteora.

All we need is a freak 12" storm tonight and things would look a lot less bleak!
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
I don't understand why Belleayre opted to open Onteora rather than Yahoo for opening day..I'm kinda pissed because now it looks as if no catskill mountain will have intermediate terrain available for Saturday...
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
I still wonder if they will open to the top..they typically open mid station..if you are a intermediate you should have no problem handling what they have opened..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
Awesome..thanks for the heads up!!

I actually just spent the first hour at work re-arranging my schedule so I can head up there Sunday instead of Saturday..might hit Windham instead of Belleayre..going to keep an eye on it. :-) CANNOT WAIT! My mother yelled at me because I had my gear spread out across the living room last night getting ready for the season..haha