Happy Wife=Happy Life!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Happy Wife=Happy Life!

Thehof
I know i'am not the only husband out there that has a wife who doesn't ski or ride. I end up on chair lifts all the time with my brothers often enough to know this is true. My wife decided to "retire" from skiing a couple of years ago. Now what can we do to keep the happiness in winter getaways?  I found the answer for us. Ridin-Hy Ranch Resort in Warrensburg . First and foremost the skiing nearby is excellent.  Hickory is about thirty mins,Gore about forty and you get the idea. They even have a t-bar beginner slope for free on the grounds with free rentals and lessons.
   What makes my wife happy are the four legged,carrot chomping boyfreinds she has there now. She rides them all day and pets them all night. Names like Velveeta,Batman,Jessie, Duke to name a few. I have to admit, after thrashing Gore all day, I came " home" to a very happy wife. We even got in a snowmobile ride thru the woods ( also included) before dinner. Then the hot tub and a fun night with live entertainment.
    I love to ski,my wife not so much. This place is the answer to keep us both happy in winter,check it out.
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Happy Wife=Happy Life!

Harvey
Administrator
WORD.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Zippy
In reply to this post by Thehof
You are a smart man. :)
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I married me a skier 23 years ago.  It was high on my list of things I was looking for.  We met in instructor training when we both were just starting to teach.  I think that us what match.com calls compatibility.

Never has there been an argument that said you are skiing too much
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

telerider
Almost everyone I talk skiing with down in NJ say they they  were "avid skiers" when they were younger and would love to go, but can't because their wives don't ski and they "don't get it". Hence their wives don't "let" their husbands go skiing, or worse allow their kids to go skiing.  I'm with coach.  It was actually my wife's prerequisite to marry a skier. We lived for 6 years in Colorado so we could experience RM skiing and skiing has always been our #1 priority.  Now our kid is fully immersed in the lifestyle at 7.  If your wife used to ski but has retired, that's fine.  She still gets why we all have a passion for it and if you're both happy, BONUS!  Its guys who  sacrifice for their women simply "because" is what bums me out.