Administrator
Funky! How was your birthday at Gore?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Harvey, This One's For You.

Funky Polak
Nice, thanks for asking. Great mountain, definitely need to hit it again. Wifey didn't want to do anything but blues (damn she's lucky I love her!), but still had a good time.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
In reply to this post by Funky Polak
Here's a view of said trail:

And the Smuggs TR from which it came.
Reply | Threaded
|

Funky Polak
Jamesdeluxe wrote
Here's a view of said trail:
And the Smuggs TR from which it came.
Nice, our first time there. With the exception of the lifts, loved the place. Need to go back mid week again.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Read your Smuggs TR James and I had to smile.  I haven't been to Smuggs in the winter, but we stopped by there a few summers ago when we spent a week's vacation in Burlington.  We did the drive up to Smuggs and then up over the pass and down to Stowe.  What I found really interesting is that the place was MOBBED in the summer with kids and families.  They had all kinds of summer camp activities and it seemed like a big timeshare crowd.  Maybe a water park there too?  It was really surprising to see that many people in the summer time at primarliy winter resort which is clearly outdated.  What I found really interesting is when we got over to Stowe the place was almost empty even though it is all new and primo.  We ate lunch at the new lodge and we were the only people in the place.  Has to make you wonder how Smuggs could win that marketing battle.

I suspect Smuggs, like Bolton Valley, get lots of the local business too.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
In reply to this post by Jamesdeluxe
I can't help but smile when ever I think of Smuggs or see a photo or TR from there. If not for the weekend crowds and liftlines (and the five hour round trip day trips), I'd probably get a season pass there. Special mountain, for sure.