Here are some crazy ski headlines..

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Here are some crazy ski headlines..

Saratogahalfday
A moose charging skiers, Jay closed because of the cold, Alta/Snowbird closed from too much snow, and an Iron Dome missile launch at Mount Hermon.

https://www.tetongravity.com/story/news/jay-peak-closed-on-monday-due-to-extreme-cold

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Here are some crazy ski headlines..

D.B. Cooper
I skied at Jay about 20 years.  I've never heard anything like that before.  How about you, SBR?

Who knew that there was skiing in Israel?
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx

I showed up at Sugarbush one day to find out they were close because of the cold..

I knew about Israel for a long time, Powder Mag had a article a few years ago too..

A few's ago while skiing in UT..Alta couldn't  open because of too much snow..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Happens a lot at Alta. There's a term for a state of emergency the town (yes, Alta is a town) declares. Interlodge. Not only is there no skiing,  nobody can leave their homes. Can't even go out on the deck. Has lasted up to 72 hours.

Killington closed last year on a Saturday due to cold.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
D.B. Cooper wrote
I skied at Jay about 20 years.  I've never heard anything like that before.  How about you, SBR?

Who knew that there was skiing in Israel?
Jay has closed a couple of times in my memory, for various weather conditions, rain, cold, etc. Pretty rare event though and I can see the safety issue. I skied there one day when the wind chill was -40, it was pretty ridiculous. We'd take a run, go inside and warm up, take another. Got four runs in that way. It was the only time I have worn a scarf while skiing.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report