classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hickory Ski Center 1/23/11

sirskier
This post was updated on .
Decided to go closer to my pad I rented near Chestertown.  So I decided to give Hickory a try only 15 mins away.  I arrived there at 9:30 and was told that the Poma to the top was down but it will be working in 45 mins.   It did not happen and they eventually called it a day.  Evidently they want to really fix it sort of like treating the cure instead of the symptoms.   They gave me a credit for a full day.  I was really excited to ski those lines especially with the 1-2" they got over night on Saturday I was drooling looking at it all.  I was able to take some runs up the T-bar, which only gave me a taste.  Oh well.
On piste is better then no piste
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hickory Ski Center 1/23

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Thanks for the report sirskier.  Don't forget... with a few pictures included you could:

Win a Hickory Season Pass!

With your proximity to the hill, it could come in handy.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

K man
Saturday was a Hickory Day.  Knee deep up top and poma 2 ran great.  I was already sipping a cold one after 3 p.m., when I heard there was a shieve issue on tower 8.  it should be back together for the weekend.  I'm going to miss Hickory this weekend, taking the kid back to college in NH.  Going to have to suffer and ski over there on Saturday.
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
So Kirby, would you agree with the old saying.....If you ski Hickory, bring big legs...? lol. The Poma has alotta to do with it.

Things will get much better there. People will be rewarded.

Hickory.....It's Hard!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

K man
yes, bring legs....and beer for apre's ski.  No bar at the Hick.
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis