5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hickory to open Saturday March 3

Adk Jeff
This post was updated on .
WINTER HAS OFFICIALLY ARRIVED – HICKORY SKI CENTER TO OPEN SATURDAY

WARRENSBURG, NY – After an unusual winter, Hickory Ski Center will open its 100 percent-natural terrain for the first time this season on Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 9am. With Thursday's snowfall topping 12 inches, Hickory's grooming team took to the mountain to prepare nine of eighteen trails for skiing and riding on Saturday morning, including Ridge Run off of the top of the mountain. Ski Patrol will assess additional trails on Saturday.

Due to the previously unseasonable winter, Hickory will be opening with a minimal operation that will not include food service, rentals or lessons. Guests are encouraged to bring a picnic lunch. Some complimentary beverages will be provided, as well.

Lifts will open to the public at 9 a.m. on Saturday morning and run through 4 p.m. Sunday's operation plans will be determined at the end of the day on Saturday. The best way to find out about conditions and operating hours is to check hickoryskicenter.com.

For more details on Hickory Ski Center, call 518-623-5754.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hickory to open Saturday March 3

ml242
how was it?
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
how was it?
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowhunter
Better half pulled in the lot Saturday afternoon and said that there were about 10 cars and that it looked deserted.  We did the same thing Sunday afternoon and it looked about the same.  I did see one skier heading up Poma 1 but that was it. Cover  looked thin in places even from a distance.  Wanted to check out the mountain but I couldn't other than my quick stop due to other obligations.