Hinterland Pro Tip: Roll yer fatties

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hinterland Pro Tip: Roll yer fatties

Telemark Dave
...Skins, that is.  SBR came up with the idea the other day... Our New BD skins for our Chargers are, well, kinda fat and bulky to fold.  So why not roll them.  Works great.  

No idea where SBR got his rolling expertise.  
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hinterland Pro Tip: Roll yer fatties

skimore
Or get the Mohair mix. They roll even better
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
skimore wrote
Yes, and 50% natural!  
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
SBR had a pair of the mohair mix (left them on his car after a 242 VT session last year...) - the standards climb better, and in his opinion, are no slower in glide.  So the only advantage to the Mix skins is the weight savings..

I am less than impressed with the glue, about half of it has lifted off since I got them the beginning of this season.  I'll either send them back to BD  after skiing is done, or re glue them myself - I've got a full can of the older formula BD Gold Label Ascension glue - the good stuff they used to use before they dumbed down the formula for the weak masses.

Oh, and their tail hook is nowhere near as reliable as other competitors such as G3.  So far this season 3 of our crew have lost a hook off the tail.  Thankfully we're all believers in carrying Voile straps.   We've all started taping the hooks onto the tail strap now... Not something one should have to do, nor something one would expect from a supposed "core" backcountry company like Black Diamond.  I guess their marketing catchphrase from a year or so ago -"it's all about the down" - had more truth in it than you'd think.  Because it's certainly not about the "Up"
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
Telemark Dave wrote
skimore wrote
Yes, and 50% natural!  
Got it ! Roll an all natural fatty and then use the Voile straps to bind stuff, like the ol lady's wrists after she watches 50 Shades of Grey. Sounds like a good time to me ( and her ) .
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Snowballs wrote
Telemark Dave wrote
skimore wrote
Yes, and 50% natural!  
Got it ! Roll an all natural fatty and then use the Voile straps to bind stuff, like the ol lady's wrists after she watches 50 Shades of Grey. Sounds like a good time to me ( and her ) .

Just sayin'