classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Historics 31 at Lime Rock Park

Michaeltokyo
This post was updated on .
Went to Lime Rock Park in CT Saturday for the Historics 31 races and car show. Pretty cool. http://limerockhistorics.com/

Lime Rock Historics 31 from HD Saratoga on Vimeo.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Historics 31 at Lime Rock Park

Benny Profane
Cool. One of these days I gotta get up there for that. The road biking in that area is very nice.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Michaeltokyo
Never been to Lime Rock.  But after my junior year in college, my best friend convinced me to drive to Watkins Glen to see several different classes of racing.

I had never seen, or even heard of Super V.

It seemed that biggest race we saw, the main event was BMW vs Porches.  The Porches flew by on the straightaways and the Beemers had to work it in the corners to stay with them.  When the Porches went off the track, it was usually backwards.

I'll never forget seeing into Danny Ongais' car watching him drive.  His door got knocked off in the pits, wired back on and then knocked of again on the track. Basically he only had to fix it if he came in.  So we saw bunches of laps watching him drive.  

His arms were pumping pretty good, steering that car. Changed my idea of how much work racing must be.  Also, man... when your door falls out...well I'd be scared to look out at the road.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
pffffttttt.....scared? Check this out:  http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/03/opinion/no-ordinary-passenger.html?ref=opinion

Talk about cajones.

I wonder how Danny Ongais is doing these days. He had a horrific accident at Indianapolis, basically mangling his legs (that was a big problem for a period when the car design pushed the feet ahead of the front "axle" line. Imagine the feet just out there in that little point in the front of Indy and F1 cars, unprotected). He was very fast up to that point.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Michaeltokyo
This post was updated on .
Benny, the hair-raising side car races are still going fast. Search Youtube or Vimeo for "Isle of Man TT sidecar". The TT (solo and two riders) is so dangerous that over 234 riders have died in 104 years of the TT.
Reply | Threaded
|

aleena
cool,
adina