Hotel/Motel Recommendation in the Cats

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hotel/Motel Recommendation in the Cats

Sandeeling
I'm driving up to the cats tonight, can anyone recommend a clean inexpensive hotel or motel?

The Phoenicia Lodge looked pretty nice, has good reviews and cost around $80 per night for a double.  Can I do better?  Let me know.

I plan to ski Platty if they open up for Powder Daize, if not I'll probably head to Belle.  Phoenicia is right at the crossroads so I have a few options.  Thoughts on Belle vs Hunter or Windham on a powder day?  Thanks for any input.

Tom
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hotel/Motel Recommendation in the Cats

TomCat
I've rented cabins from the weyside and found them clean and reasonable. The also have single rooms in the main house. It's probably been 6 years since I was there so my info is not really current.

Tom
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by Sandeeling
Sandeeling wrote
  Thoughts on Belle vs Hunter or Windham on a powder day?  

Just don't be lulled into thinking that's it's like a powder day elsewhere. Ever hear of dust on crust? This is more like whipped cream on nothing but the plate.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Benny Profane wrote
Just don't be lulled into thinking that's it's like a powder day elsewhere. Ever hear of dust on crust? This is more like whipped cream on nothing but the plate.
What are you talking about? I've skied every resort in the Cats the past couple of weeks and every mountain has a good surface right now.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
How is the Andes Resturant and Motel?  Anyone ever stay there?

I was looking for a place to stay if my son makes it to Kandahar Finals at Bellarye.  Their web site looks really nice and the resturant and tavern look good too.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Coach,

Alpine Osteria is the closest to Belleayre.

Plattekill lists the lodges they like on their page, and Andes ranks pretty high:

http://plattekill.com/lodging/motels

Phoenicia is a nice little town if you end up there, a bunch of food options. All the towns are nice though. I'm sure you've been to the Catskills before but I hope you enjoy them. It's a really cool part of the state! I love the BBQ place on 28, I even invited Ausable down there to split bread when he came down here to pick up his pass.

Hope your kid tears it up!