classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
22 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How are you on Friday?

Harvey
Administrator
Somehow I feel this is the safest time to ask.

How you doin? in Joey voice.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How are you on Friday?

Sick Bird Rider
I'm good, thanks for asking. Busy week at "work from home" and I'm glad to take a break over the weekend. Weather is improving, thank Ullr. Reconnected with some long-lost friends, and had a nice chat with Harv himself, so that was a bonus.

Quote of the week:

"These days, finding answers is like reading tea leaves while skydiving."
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
On the other hand, if your week has not gone so well, you may find solace in this tune by one of my neighbours, the wonderfully eccentric Mendelson Joe:

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

tirolski
Doing OK. Suppose to golf Saturday, all walkers with 2 over 75. Been watching on and off the ACC channel that has NY's team "the Cuse" win every game on re-runs be it hoops vs. Dukies and Tar heels, football vs Clemson, lax vs Duke, soccer, women's hoops and some others I missed. Walked the younger hound out back. First day without any snow in a while. Actually pretty decent day all things considered. When I watched a minimal amount of news the big "news" on some stations was some incomprehensible outrage of discussion of shooting up disinfectants. Whatever happened to the eating Tide pods thingy? I must be missing something.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
Doing ok.  Blessed, really.  Heathy.  Family healthy.  A little tired of this working from home, even though I can work from home, albeit with a relatively minor pay cut.  Luckier than most, despite dealing with my sorta kinda mild dementia riddled mother-in-law stuck in a nursing home but safe in this CV-19 world and out of our hair, albeit harassing my wife on the phone tonight, while I play ping pong on a new table in the recently cleaned out garage with my kids, them FINALLY beating me because I’ve had one too many Kentucky mules.  

In the midst of all that I’m first world white problem depressed because, were it not for CV-19, right now I’d be checking in to a Snowbird hotel for a great weekend of Utah spring skiing, even though tomorrow would have been too fast and too firm.

Yeah, that about sums it up.  As I’m prone to say....I could complain, but I won’t.....and I honestly don’t have much to complain about.  Praying for all those who do.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I’m right there with you JTG. Shit continues to hit the fan in slow motion but I am pretty ok myself. My wife was looking into an outdoor ping pong table the other day. I might give that the ok tomorrow. It sounds fun now.
Also: Ginger beer goes with everything
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
While we have it in the garage, we got the Butterfly Garden Rollaway 5000 outdoor table.  Ordered Sunday, delivered today.  The 7000 may have a thicker table, but I can’t imagine it’s worth the extra couple bills.  Easy to assemble, not 15 minutes, but not hours either, pretty nice.  I picked up a couple Saranac ginger beers at Adams tonight, although I may head to the beer distributor tomorrow for a case of Goslings.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Saranac is way better, in my opinion. Goslings is good too though. I’m into the Bowmore tonight. You wouldn’t like it
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
12 or 15?  No, Islay ain’t my thang.  Honestly, I enjoy the Saranac just as much, but I don’t have a place to buy it by the case, which is a cheaper way to go.  So Goslings it is.  And would it be a proper dark and stormy if it weren’t Goslings, when I’m in a rum mood?  
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Naw, the cheap no-age-statement bowmore. It’s an obsolete sample, don’t sell it anymore
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
LOL --- that guy is great
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
getting  real antes sitting around..

but like JTG mentioned..It could be a whole lot worse...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
Thank goodness, doing OK except for being broke.  We're healthy.  The biggest bummer is that a doctor my child used to go to passed from COVID-19 last week.

If the weather is good I might venture to Lake Minnewaska next weekend.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Peter Minde wrote
I think we are going to head up to Mountain Brauhaus for some curbside takeaway today or tomorrow.  Highly recommend the place if you’ve never been.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Friday was good. Felt like a normal Friday. Was glad to get the week over with. Work is busier than usual. Now Saturday,  Saturday is going real good. Power washed the mower deck, greased the spindles, and put the mower deck on the tractor, mowed the lawn. Time to play with the big tractor and backhoe. We had some uprooted trees from last Monday's high winds.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Peter Minde wrote
I think we are going to head up to Mountain Brauhaus for some curbside takeaway today or tomorrow.  Highly recommend the place if you’ve never been.
Haven't eaten at the Mountain Brauhaus in some time.  After I posted, I saw that NENSA is doing a virtual uphill time trial next weekend. might head to Windham High Peak instead.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
Is today Friday?  :P

I guess all in all, life is good. Kinda sorta maybe. It looks like my son will be working in Wyckoff, for a bit. They had a case of covid19 on the job site two weeks ago, but he said they cleaned the site well. He has masks, and hopefully is wearing them. So, on the good side, he is employed, on the down side, there is a lot of covid19 in Bergen county, NJ.

Cornell is planning scenarios for the future, including furloughs and layoffs. I spent a bit of time reading their policies yesterday.

Other than that, first world issues. I need guts for my grill. The snow seems to have ended, and the black flies seem to have arrived, pretty much all on the same day!!!  Woohoo!!!

WP

PS. I have realized that what I miss the most is laughing with someone.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Either Saturday turned out way better then Friday or else I hit rock bottom
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
i am rehabbing a house which i do now and then. it  a sense of normalcy. we have a neighborhood happy hour every Friday in the street which is nice. but I have to admit, i really miss bars.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Had a great day yesterday. We went to camp and did some social distance trap shooting. Now it's back to chores around the house. Like Johnny I need to get the mower deck on my tractor. No real rush on it as we're back to snow and rain for the next week 👎