How hard is it to mount bindings myself?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How hard is it to mount bindings myself?

Brownski
Sick Bird Rider wrote
I agree with the epoxy comment above, Plumber's Epoxy is the bomb. Don't use G-Flex for this application.

Having said all that, Z makes some very good points.
I promise to take all cautionary recommendations to heart. Truthfully, even though my confidence that I can do the 8nstall myself is increasing as I research, I can’t say the same for the dono4 skis. I’m considering seeking out better bindings then what I have available here - I’ll have to think that over.
Regarding epoxy, I’ve used JB weld in the past (non- ski stuff). Is that acceptable or should I be looking at something else?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
JB weld will do the trick. Get the stuff for wood. Shit don't even drill holes just JB themto the skis... And that ky comment was Larry of the hook and I got nothing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I laughed. I started writing a response and a customer called me mid way through- never got back to it
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I’m dithering still. I discovered the bindings I wanted to use are only DIN 7s so then I started thinking my Solomons were the logical choice since I’ll probably never ski them again but I don’t think I have the heart to pull them apart. Don’t know why I’m being sentimental about them.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I think these are gonna be my donors actually. They probably have the fewest days on them of any skis I own. I forgot I still had them

Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Never done it. What tools and/or materials do I need? Where should I get them? I need the full tutelage here.
Take a look at the pictures by someone who obviously has mounted bindings DIY a lot.  He was working on a brand new pair of DPS skis, which are even pricier when having to ship to Australia.

https://www.ski.com.au/xf/threads/all-new-dps-wailer-100.84279/page-2#post-4039120
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
That’s awesome. Lot of holes there. I’ve determined that I can use the rear holes if I want but it’s gonna cause the fronts to be just a hair forward.