This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How long do you ski your boots?

tBatt
I was just thinking about this actually. I got a pair of $2 boots at a garage sale for my first ones, those lasted through my first season (12 days for me?).

Second pair of boots were my brother's old ones. They were too big, and really crappy. They smelled real bad. Probably 25 days on them (from me, two season from my brother, and he bought them used.)

Then I got another used pair (which probably only had 10 days on them) and they went for about a season and a half. I put maybe 55 days on them before getting the boots I have now. I got them a size too big, and they STANK.

Currently I've been riding Salomon SPK's, which I bought used (with maybe 25 days on them) and I've had them for 3.5 seasons. They probably have 200-225 days on them.

I just picked up some Rossignol B-Squad Sensor 110's on the Steep and Cheap sale yesterday. $240 (MSRP of $700 according to Backcountry). I'm hoping to get at least 4 seasons out of them, but they don't have replaceable toe lugs (but they do have replaceable heels?). I tend to wear out my toes quick, so I'm considering getting some cat tracks for them.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Wat up wit all da stinky boots? Do the new ones stank too? lol.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Well, I only had a few pairs of ski socks, which didn't get washed enough and I didn't have any boot dryers. Plus I'm just naturally a pretty stinky kid

My current ones don't smell too bad, thankfully.
I'd hope my new ones don't either!
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Ah, yes. Reminds me of a friend I have in Pennsylvania, Dirty Tom. Not a particularly grungy guy, just a bizarre guy. Funny to the max. Wild things happened around DT.

He had really stinky feet. His sneakers could seriously drop a T Rex at 50 paces and they were a weapon he was not adverse to using. Tom's a little wild, in many ways.

Anyway, when he got married, his wife would constantly bemoan his foot odor. It even woke her up at night. If the covers got ruffled, the nasty blast of air would rudely awaken her.

Their marriage was saved when they discovered zinc tablets solved his foot odor problem.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Hahah well it's not that bad
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
companies say the average life span of a boot should be 120-150 days. for some thats a long time, others that means a new boot every season just about. as long as you take care of them you can should be able to get 200+ easily, and maybe with some new lugs and foot bed hit 250-300. OR you can just wear them for 10+yrs until something breaks. haha