How many days this year?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
33 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How many days this year?

JasonWx
4 days at Hunter..Worse season in 39 years..

With only Saturday off ,  It just never worked out..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
I am at 16 currently. Skiing K tomorrow then hopefully auto road and a final trip to Tuckerman. Maybe 19 unless I do a double to Tuckerman in June (if it lasts long enough...). This season will be my first sub 20 season in a dozen years (excepting a season in during which I suffered two side lining injuries).
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
  Strive every year to get 40 fell well short with 26 days. Really slow start with no November skiing and one freeway jammed ski day at Killington in early December. Skied my birthday in March, after a hard rain. Whole mt was un groomed boiler plate. Son and I only 2 skiers on the whole Mt all day. We had a lot of fun.  Rain started hard again, ski area (Montage Pa) stayed open till we were soaked and finished.
   April skiing is great if the sun is shining and we hit it right with one Sunny day at the Face and two sunny days at Tremblant.
   Looking forward with hope for an Awesome 2016/17 Winter!
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

jjp24
1... being injured sucks, although I guess I picked a good year to miss.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
More than happy to get 35 days in on the new hip and sucky  EC winter:

26 days at blue with a knee deep pow day, a handful of days noodling around on the new tele set up and 2 razors bumps days. Blue did a great job all things considered and I'd be willing to bet they had some of the best conditions on the EC at any given time
2 SL nights at bear creek bashing gates and beers
Closed out the season with with the Easter UT trip hitting Alta, Brighton & Solitude for the first time with some great snow and a bit o pow (One of these days I'll get around to posting a TR with some pics and vid)

Just 1 xc day on the skinnies, didn't even break out the epochs
Only 1 NYski day at Bell over Christmas break, the conditions  just didn't justify the travel so no GP, Gore or WF trips this season

Cheers to next season and hopefully some nyMTB this summer!
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Jay 1
Killington X2
Snowbird 1
Solitude 1
Jackson Hole X2
Targhee 1
BC 6
Nordic x2.5
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnny V.
A paltry 49 with most of them at Bristol. Masters races at a few other WNY/CNY hills but no trips. The plan was to go to NE in March, but with the bad season, why bother driving and spending $$$ to ski groomers. Next year HAS to be better!
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff

I have also tried to make a habit of reaching out and trying a new mountain each season, but that didn't happen this year either.

Brutal season. Best days involved either freshly blown snow on the Rumor headwall, lots of corn snow, or poaching the Darkside and skiing blue ice with running water over the top to the North Chair.

It was a breakthrough season for my 2 kids, so that was cool.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote

I have also tried to make a habit of reaching out and trying a new mountain each season, but that didn't happen this year either.

Brutal season. Best days involved either freshly blown snow on the Rumor headwall, lots of corn snow, or poaching the Darkside and skiing blue ice with running water over the top to the North Chair.

It was a breakthrough season for my 2 kids, so that was cool.

Nice!

It was a breakthrough winter for my daughter too and that alone can make a very cool season imo.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
raisingarizona wrote
It was a breakthrough winter for my daughter too and that alone can make a very cool season imo.
Did she stomp her first 20 footer yet?
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
This is actually a good point. My kids advanced this year too. At one point, I was afraid the younger one was not into it but I figured out he just got bored with Mount Peter so next year we're full steam ahead. I didn't get to any new mountains this year but my older son got to five new places and my younger got to four. They both loved Plattekill so it was actually a somewhat successful season in that respect.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
Did she stomp her first 20 footer yet?

HAHA! No. She has seen my old footage and says that she doesn't ever want to do that sort of thing but she was straight pinning it down the groomers scaring the crap out of me! Watching her actually brought back memories of myself learning to ski as a kid and being addicted to the speed.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
our UT trip was an early graduation trip for my son - it was awesome watching him take it all in. down side,  I just don't  have the cajones and stamina to keep up any more, especially skiing a bit tentatively with the new parts